Do you think she can still fill arena's in a world tour?

larac

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this moment I would say yes but not sold out. Femme Fatale was a #1 album with three top ten hits including a #1 (and S&M was #1 in the same era) yet she didn't sell out arenas. Glory is a #3 album and the single was only #17 - she's just not in high demand right now. People would still go obviously bc she's Britney - it's like Madonna, no matter how her current album is selling she always sells out bc she's Madonna and people want to see her and they know they're going to get a good show. But Britney's no on that level so I think it would be like FF Tour where she sells decently but not 100%.

42 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they even have the full Axis opened up to her.

Jennifer Lopez is now filling more seats than Britney is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3750570/Jennifer-Lopez-broken-Britney-Spears-Las-Vegas-box-office-record-Have.html

JLo sold more because she charged more. They share the same stage. Dont compare JLo to Britney. Where is Aint Your Grandma on the chart? :receiptswheretho: 

The question should be: Does Britney want to fill arenas? Because it's obvious that she can but we all know she doesn't want to.

With a great album,a new team,a brand name and image repackaging,innovative promoting and the most important HER WILL she can slay the world.This means world touring,hard working on rehearsals,vocal training,passion,spark,confidence,firing people from her team and hiring the best etc.Will she?

35 minutes ago, radar89 said:

JLo sold more because she charged more. They share the same stage. Dont compare JLo to Britney. Where is Aint Your Grandma on the chart? :receiptswheretho: 

umm where is britney lol

35 minutes ago, radar89 said:

jlo just started her residency vs britney whos been at it for almost 3 years so i dont think its fair to compare

57 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

At this moment I would say yes but not sold out. Femme Fatale was a #1 album with three top ten hits including a #1 (and S&M was #1 in the same era) yet she didn't sell out arenas. Glory is a #3 album and the single was only #17 - she's just not in high demand right now. People would still go obviously bc she's Britney - it's like Madonna, no matter how her current album is selling she always sells out bc she's Madonna and people want to see her and they know they're going to get a good show. But Britney's no on that level so I think it would be like FF Tour where she sells decently but not 100%.

Do the GP think Britney puts on a good show like Madonna? Madonna puts on incredible performances like this when she tours. Look at the energy, the audience interaction, the live singing, the production.

The FF tour tarnished Britney's reputation as a touring performer pretty badly with poor, low-energy dancing, no live singing and little audience interaction. The lipsyncing alone is enough to put a huge proportion of people off from ever going to see her tour.

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

BJ did even worse for that point of the music market yet she did just great in Vegas. 

6 minutes ago, ukfan said:

Beyonce is apparently on tour at the moment,  iv heard no good news. 

Like media aren't even bothering.  Britneys circus and femme fatale tour was a huge deal. 

Media was completely involved and regardless of what certain fans think of the FFT is was undeniably a success.  

I'm pretty sure Beyonce isn't pulling in the same numbers as before.  Beyonce is on tour and I couldn't give a toss,  because it ain't that interesting. 

Britney is known for putting on huge spectacular shows, even if Britney ain't been in the spotlight recently,  media and non fans will be interested in it. 

People are hungry to see britney on tour,  she's got pretty much the same staying tour power as Madonna 

With a good promo plan and a decent couple of music videos,  a worldwide tour could be a massive success.  

Media will spread the word,  and a couple music videos will build the hype.  

What are you talking about?

Beyonce's getting huge headlines on every single tour stop.

http://www.rap-up.com/2016/09/17/beyonce-brings-formation-world-tour-to-dodger-stadium/

http://www.justjared.com/2016/09/15/lea-michele-becca-tobin-hit-the-beyonce-concert-together-in-la/

http://www.celebuzz.com/2016-09-12/beyonce-dancer-engagement-formation-tour-stage/

Her costumes are gorgeous. The choreography is gorgeous. 

I'm not even a Beyonce fan, and I'm becoming a Beyonce fan.

39 minutes ago, ukfan said:

Like media aren't even bothering.  Britneys circus and femme fatale tour was a huge deal. 

Media was completely involved and regardless of what certain fans think of the FFT is was undeniably a success.  

I'm pretty sure Beyonce isn't pulling in the same numbers as before.  Beyonce is on tour and I couldn't give a toss,  because it ain't that interesting. 

Britney is known for putting on huge spectacular shows, even if Britney ain't been in the spotlight recently,  media and non fans will be interested in it. 

People are hungry to see britney on tour,  she's got pretty much the same staying tour power as Madonna 

With a good promo plan and a decent couple of music videos,  a worldwide tour could be a massive success.  

People in glass houses should not throw stones. Beyonce's tour sold out 100% everywhere, and with only 40 shows it managed to gross over $210m. Its average attendance, ~46k people per show, is only rivalled by Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tour in 2008/9 (~41k per show average). To compare, TCSBS had nearly 2.5x the amount of shows as The Formation Tour and grossed $80m less, and FF had double the number of shows and only made only a third of what Formation made.

The fact that you're trying to compare her tour power to Madonna's is hilarious, too. Madonna's last four tours grossed $195m, $408m, $305m and $170m with average attendance of 20k, 42k, 25k and 13k respectively. Britney's comeback tour grossed $130m with an average attendance of 13k and her most recent tour grossed $69m with an average attendance of 9k. Madonna is the most successful female touring artist of all time, while Britney never really been a big touring artist outside of Circus. In fact, if you look at other contemporary pop artists, most have had more touring success in the past few years than Britney has ever had. Doing some quick searches, Beyonce's Formation, Katy Perry's Prismatic, Taylor Swift's 1989, Rihanna's Diamonds, and P!nk's The Truth About Love tour were all more successful than TCSBS, both in gross and in average attendance.

29 minutes ago, ukfan said:

girl you are reaching for waaay too much. Your name says Uk fan but did you go to FFT here? It was pretty empty and tbh if I did love her I wouldn't have enjoyed it

Archived