Britney has succeeded with classic pop songs

econg

First of all sorry for my english.

I think Liar is a GREAT choice for second single. The last time Britney was successful was with I wanna Go (not my favorite song, but a classic pop song). She actually started to flop with Work *****, Ooh La La doesn't count :selenerz: I like WB but was very different from what we were used to hear from her. 

Taylor Swift and Meghan Trainor have had recent hits that are basically classic pop songs, either way, success in this days isn't just a good song, competition is hard. We have seen a lot of good songs flopping and songs that are not that good or are just bad being hits, so a good promotion is VERY important. I think Make me's promotion was not favorable for the song, especially the official video.

This may be the last chance we have to see Primeney, imagine a Liar's video similar to Womanizer mv, with maybe a little more of choreography, I think THAT is what everyone expects from her.

Taylor Swift did it with Bad Blood, with the right promotion Britney CAN do it.

Moreover, at the end of the day, the right promotion depends on her and her team. I think that for the first time we should ask what WE want :) , her team is the one who should worry about making the song a hit 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, yshouldibz said:

glory should be about her reinvention. i dont see how innovative liar is and it doesn't represent the vibe of the overall album well 
we finally get some material that sounds current and not reductive on glory. lets not ruin that :angietea:

Make Me shows her reinvention. I'm fine with any song being a single -except for change your mind, What You need, If I'm dancing or Just Like Me- but at the same time I would love to see classic Britney and I think that's what the GP except from her.

1 minute ago, yuyu said:

The fact that SLUMBER PARTY is on Standard version speaks volume.. i cant understand why Liar supporters are dissing Slumber Party like it was a poor song. It is very RnB.

Well I support Liar but I love Slumber Party too. SP is one of my favorite songs of the album, actually. I don't understand why a lot of people here bash a song to praise another, at the end of the day all are Britney's songs. 

at this point of her career she can release anything ... bad blood had gimmick (with katy perry and a high production value video)
meghan trainors me too did ok itunes/radio wise but it failed in terms of streaming. just take a look at top 50 spotify songs and you will know why.. it had almost no streaming power

Just now, yshouldibz said:

at this point of her career she can release anything ... bad blood had gimmick (with katy perry and a high production value video)
meghan trainors me too did ok itunes/radio wise but it failed in terms of streaming. just take a look at top 50 spotify songs and you will know why.. it had almost no streaming power

Yes, but I was referring to All About That Bass, it's a classic pop song.

Archived