Keep in mind that the next single could very well be the last

OoopsBitch!

I keep seeing people writing "I absolutely want this to be a single but only as third/fourth/fifth because gp"

well 3rd single is not guaranteed so forget about success and chose for the song you really like and want a music video/performance for because even if your choice for 2nd seems perfect the chances are good that it will still flop (not trying to be negative but the radio and gp are not really on her side) and then the song that you actually liked will never be a single. Just some thoughts. 

They're all really good songs by the way. If this was one of the very popular pop girls songs they'd all be hits!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OoopsBitch! said:

I keep seeing people writing "I absolutely want this to be a single but only as third/fourth/fifth because gp" well forget about success and chose for the song you really like and want a music video/performance for because even if your choice for 2nd seems perfect the chances are good that it will still flop (not trying to be negative but the radio and gp are not really on her side) and then the song that you actually liked will never be a single. Just some thoughts. 

They're all really good songs by the way. If this was one of the very popular pop girls songs they'd all be hits!

IKR

The #1s would be guaranteed if it was a Fish Harmony or Toilet Swift album, that's for sure :otears:

3 minutes ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

IKR

The #1s would be guaranteed if it was a Fish Harmony or Toilet Swift album, that's for sure :otears:

Let's not even talk about it:sobbing:

1 minute ago, Angels970 said:

Francis Lawrence for Slumber party

Joseph Kahn for liar

Please :crying11:

This and this!!!! Pls team britney can't you see how perfect these two would be 

8 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well supposedly RCA has plans for 4 singles from it no matter what, I mean it's actually stupid to stop releasing singles because the more you put out the more likely one of them could possibly be a hit. I think the only reason they pulled the plug with BJ singles is because Britney wasn't into the project at all! 

Personally, I don't believe that insider at all. And britney was the one pushing for alien as another single so she must've been into it I guess...idk maybe you're right.

i agree though, at least give any album that is as diverse as britneys a chance for 3 singles.

2 minutes ago, OoopsBitch! said:

Personally, I don't believe that insider at all. And britney was the one pushing for alien as another single so she must've been into it I guess...idk maybe you're right.

i agree though, at least give any album that is as diverse as britneys a chance for 3 singles.

Well I feel like over all Britney's heart just wasn't into the project, but she prob picked a 3rd single because she figured there would be one, so I think after Perfume didn't do well and Britney clearly had not interest in the project hence no real promo for it RCA was just like ok lets just pull the plug! 

Yeah I have faith Glory will have more than 2 singles because there are so many single worthy songs and MM hasn't done horribly so RCA/Britney might throw a bunch of different sounding singles out and see what happens. I think they should honestly re-release the project next year I think the re-release and new single from it with some slight pomo could be really successful 

I just want a video for Do You Wanna Come Over? :feelingmyself:

I don't get why everyone is so over the song even though all of Exhale ******* loved it when it was released.

The GP loves it, it's infectious as **** and the guitar and tempo gives me serious Toxic vibes, and the song just screams classic Britney more so than most of the other Glory songs do.

I'm here for Slumber Party, Love Me Down and Liar as well, but this is my favorite song on the album and I think it really has potential to be huge especially because it's different from all the same-ish **** on the charts right now. It's a risk, but it could pay off big time.

32 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well supposedly RCA has plans for 4 singles from it no matter what, I mean it's actually stupid to stop releasing singles because the more you put out the more likely one of them could possibly be a hit. I think the only reason they pulled the plug with BJ singles is because Britney wasn't into the project at all! 

She had no time at the time aswell:donewithit:

I dont think this era would be ended that soon cuz Britney is so passionate about it unlike BJ :CPKney:

I mean when was the last era Britney performing at major events. She's basically everywhere now :donewithit:

This era is a good exposure for next era bcoz shes been hiatus for like 5 years (ignore BJ) :carpoolney:

4 minutes ago, button said:

I really don't get the logic in the OP

Since there's the risk of a 2-single era then the song with the most hit-potential should be chosen whether we like the song or not. There's no room for "what you like" at this point. I swear... :sickofu:

It's a different mindset I guess. Care more about strategy/success vs. care more about a fulfilling era for you/britney as an artist.

I remember people were screaming for perfume to be a single even though they've never heard it before just because they thought it would be a success (sia wrote it, larry described it as a hit) but it still flopped and then they were disappointed that their favourite song never got a chance and a music video.

2 hours ago, Pikapi said:

I dont think this era would be ended that soon cuz Britney is so passionate about it unlike BJ :CPKney:

I mean when was the last era Britney performing at major events. She's basically everywhere now :donewithit:

This era is a good exposure for next era bcoz shes been hiatus for like 5 years (ignore BJ) :carpoolney:

I agree

why this negativity with the singles? someone should bump that thread about RCA believing in Glory and planning more singles.
oh and also the one where Britney said that there are many surprises waiting during this era 

40 minutes ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

but they were everywhere and radios were blind with them

this they're so overrated, how Larry does that? :sofedup:

Archived