I think she needs a new label

lustwecantcontrol

A lot of the problem is RCA tbh, they picked a horrible week for both BJ and Glory to be released! They sent Glory out way too early which helped cause the leak and they don't push hard enough in advertising her albums....Glory wasn't in any ads the week of its release and she only had one iTunes banner. People always blame her team for these things but those things are actually up to the label! Also has anyone else noticed that once Jive went under and Britney went to RCA she has struggled chart wise.........I think it's the label, they don't put enough care/consideration/time into her like Jive did! 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mylonliNESS said:

I tend to agree with you, RCA doesn't do that good a job with Britney! :tbh: didn't her contract end after BJ? did no other record label want her? (wasn't that LA Reid was rumored is trying to get to sign with his Label during X Factor?) I Dunno

I think BJ was the first album in her contract with them, she usually signs for 3-4 albums at a time so she might be stuck with RCA till B10/B11, but I think if she wants she can pay to break it and leave. Mariah just did that because she was really unhappy with how her old label handled the release of her last 3 albums. 

Yeah I can see that, they are a bigger label so its not like she's on their top priority like Jive would. 

And also I really do believe its the label's fault that the original make me video is not released, they just didnt like it and probably said new video or no video at all.

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think BJ was the first album in her contract with them, she usually signs for 3-4 albums at a time so she might be stuck with RCA till B10/B11, but I think if she wants she can pay to break it and leave. Mariah just did that because she was really unhappy with how her old label handled the release of her last 3 albums. 

Oh Damn... Well I guess it's up to Britney! If she feels annoyed enough, she could do it. Though how many record labels are after her right now? (I don't mean it as shade, I say it out of concern)

6 minutes ago, mylonliNESS said:

Oh Damn... Well I guess it's up to Britney! If she feels annoyed enough, she could do it. Though how many record labels are after her right now? (I don't mean it as shade, I say it out of concern)

Well I mean Mariah had no problem and she has flopped really hard lately her last few singles charted in the 80's and her last album did 55,000 opening week.......so Britney would have no problem because she hasn't fallen totally off the radar and she still has the potential to do  really well again

Well I mean Mariah had no problem and she has flopped really hard lately her last few singles charted in the 80's and her last album did 55,000 opening week.......so Britney would have no problem because she hasn't fallen totally off the radar and she still has the potential to do  really well again

If that's the case... I'm all for it!!! She needs to dump that LOSER label and find one that appreciates her talents... and while she's at it... AT LEAST get new get a Stylist (who can give her some pants to perform in/Or a Dress) and a Choreographer to go with the new label ;) 

3 minutes ago, germanguy20 said:

didn't Jive merge with RCA? 

I think Kelly Clarkson was with them too and she decided to sign up with someone else because she wasn't very happy with the label at all :rihclap:

Jive went out of business and RCA acquired like 99% of their artists

Yes Kelly had a ton of issues with RCA and she finally switched labels earlier this year 

Mariah had number 1s in 2003. Before Rihanna, she was the female with the most #1s. She also has a legacy of an incredible voice as well as a songwriter who consistently produced #1 hits. But yea, maybe Britney should switch to Columbia, Beyonce's image is completely manufactured by them.

15 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Why do you guys keep thinking it's the label? Zayn, JT, Chris Brown, Pink, Mark Ronson, Sia... All with RCA and all doing just fine with the singles they have had out. I don't think it has anything to do with her label. 

Did you not read my original post at all? A lot of how her album does is RCA's fault because they don't focus on her as much as they should and I'm not really talking about singles. 

5 minutes ago, Smokez said:

Mariah had number 1s in 2003. Before Rihanna, she was the female with the most #1s. She also has a legacy of an incredible voice as well as a songwriter who consistently produced #1 hits. But yea, maybe Britney should switch to Columbia, Beyonce's image is completely manufactured by them.

Honey you don't have to educate me on Mariah I know all about her, she's my 2nd favorite artist and you make it seem as though Britney has not had an impressive career history which she most certainly has and even though she's not as popular today she certainly hasn't fallen as hard as Mariah and any label would be happy to scoop her up because no matter what she's still a huge name 

Archived