Lip-syncing

lileli

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually didn't care at first but times are changing now. Seems like she is stuck in a different era where she got away (well she still does) with lipping but people even us fans are calling her out for it. I really do not understand why she does this and why she makes it so obvious. One of the reasons why it's hard to stan for her is because of this fact but we all lived with it cos her dancing and the theatrics of her prime performances were really really good. She also put some effort into singing some songs semi-live with prerecorded vocals before, now it seems she just doesn't care. Is it her decision or the record label? People will always question her legend status because of this but beyond this, her music and her presence have changed pop history which is really what made her the legendary Britney Spears now. One can wish she performs 'live' and start throwing adlibs and making her audience participate but it seems that's not one of her strengths it also doesn't mean she can't try. Sometimes I listen to her songs and I direct a live performance in my head with her throwing adlibs like the 'what' 'what' she kept on saying in Carpool Karaoke. I'd live for speak singing too, how hard can that be for her? I know she has a good voice. I just hope she lets the world hear it and really start giving a **** and not just become an iconic *** symbol, a doll, a recordbooth singer. 

Right? Like I don't give a **** if Britney lipsyncs because everyone does and she can still slay anyway but come on, recording some pre-recorded vocals shouldn't be that hard... :brityeah:

She did a mix of pre-recorded + cd vocals + live (supposedly) for the BBMAs and it turned out to be spectacular so I have genuinely no idea why she lip synced to CD vocals again at the VMAs :huh:

Its really being disrespectufull to the fans and the people that pays to see her not to EVEN put on some prerecorded vocals.

Its their JOB. Its not like they are doing it for us and that we have to ask for it. Shes the ******* queen of pop and they put play to some 17year old vocals of bomt without feeling any shame its so wrong.

Back in the day as the OP said she used to lip but we ALWAYS had 2 or 3 LIVE singing performances from each era (or more) to look at and fell in love with and put on repeat. Not its just a huge MUTE.

The worst part is it sadeness me is that it should be Britney the one wantong to express herself by singing even once a year 3 or 5 words....

here's the thing guys:
1. we should not be defending her lip syncing

2. the songs she records in the studio are hard for to recreate live because it's not her actual voice

3. we should encourage her to use her actual pre-jive voice, THAT voice is stronger than any other relevant artists voice right now.

4. pisses me off that she is talented but doesnt give a damn

I hate how ppl are like OMG she's always done it. No she hasn't, not to this extreme. Legit her mouth isn't even matching the words anymore. Britney was never that bad lipping in her prime and we always got ballads live and a few moments of spoken words in her dance songs.

And no one can compare what she does to other artists. They may lip on occasion but I can't think of one artist today who I don't know what their voice sounds like outside of studio. Even Rihanna and Selena who don't have great voices sing live on occasion. And the GP appreciates the attempts. Britney is the only one I can say I have no clue how she sounds presently outside of the studio. 

5 hours ago, Britman512 said:

I don't understand her lip synching, I mean it likes she trys so hard to hide it but fails so bad cus fr fr does the girl even know how to properly lip sync I mean all the girls (guys) are using play back and lip synch these days they put there make down and dance to there own voice but then they pic up the mic and actually sing a little so they can get away with it. Its like they make it obvious there lipping but they have no shame in it I guess but Britney makes it obvious and doesn't try to make it look real. I hope they find her team finds her new talent coaches cus she has the talent she just not using it to her full capacity and that saddens me

I wouldn't mind a track playing and her singing parts over the track. To me, that's not full lipping. Rihanna did that for the first part of her VMAs performance and I liked it. 

Guest StrawberryKisses

My two cents:

When you pay for a Britney concert, don't kid yourselves - be honest - you're just paying for the celebrity, to SEE BRITNEY. If you really wanted to hear live music, you'd put your money somewhere else. So don't try and use money as an excuse to defend your criticism just because she didn't meet YOUR expectations.

Taylor Swift does that thing at her shows where she has a group of singers harmonizing in the back for a majority of her songs and I think this helps her keep up with the rhythm, and also covers up if she misses notes or words. 

If Britney does ever consider singing for real, even partially, she should use tactics like this and go into it slowly because she's been out of practice for ages now.

It's not even the lip syncing that bothers me, in the circus tour for example, she would always scream, woot, holla, shout a few words to a song during breakdowns like BOYS/ Toxic/ Sound off, just hearing her voice, singing or not is all I want as a fan.

That's all Beyonka does and she has the entire GP convinced that she sings live. It's so simple, you don't need a Whitney Housten vocal to do it and when Britney did it in previous eras, the GP didn't hate on her (as much). In Melbourne, Australia at the Circus tour, her few live moments (especially Eveytime) the crowd screamed so loud, just because they heard her for a few seconds, it was so easy!

Just let us know you're there Brit! :mcry:

5 5 hours ago, derick said:

Britney has always been the worst at lip syncing...she makes it PAINFULLY obv that she's not Singing...

this is a flawless prerecorded track. Sadly it serves no purpose in bring prerecorded cuz she makes it so obv she isnt singing 

You're not accounting for the lack of social media/Internet. The reason why singers are very careful now a days is because every and any mistake they may make will be captured,scrutinized and rampantly spread over the internet for everyone to see.

Imagine this performance in the year 2016. Brit would have been DRAGGED

I just wish she'd be more careful with her lipping, because a lot of the times she forgets to lip or lips the wrong words, and that is just embarrassing for a singer/performer. It's her job at the end of the day and as much as I love what she's doing and her as a person, I think she should be a bit more professional in this, she's not working for a circus or something like the :nothavingit:

6 hours ago, lileli said:

Exactly. Beyonce lips A LOT but is usually never caught because she ad-libs a little or throws something in there. it is so easy to get away with lipping most parts of a song but you have to seem like you are actually singing at times. Look at others, lip a little put the mic down pick it up sing a bit repeat...not hard...Idk why she doesn't do that

Do y'all remember the time when Beyonka lipped the National Anthem and they leaked her Mic feed? :haha:

5 hours ago, germanguy20 said:

I just wish she'd be more careful with her lipping, because a lot of the times she forgets to lip or lips the wrong words, and that is just embarrassing for a singer/performer. It's her job at the end of the day and as much as I love what she's doing and her as a person, I think she should be a bit more professional in this, she's not working for a circus or something like the :nothavingit:

she was chewing gum for 90 minutes during CIRCUS shows.. she is even more pro than Adele, Mariah and Whitney combined

SmzO.gif

4 hours ago, Z-dawg said:

Do y'all remember the time when Beyonka lipped the National Anthem and they leaked her Mic feed? :haha:

ı'm not saying that she sang it live and ı was so angry because she tried to fool people and acted like her ear piece(or whatever it is called) was distorted, but this video is fake.

-

and ı can't at the people who say everybody lip syncs and get away with it.the difference is, they don't always lipsync, britney always lip syncs including the ballads.she doesn't even sing ballads with the backing track.and not to mention her lipping to baby/oops cd vocals.

Archived