G Eazy's mess up was actually stalling

monalisaney81

I was rewatching the performance, and at 2:56 where G Eazy kinda stops rapping at first I thought he messed his lines up. But now rewatching it, I think he was stalling to give Britney time to get under his legs for the "Britney Spears right beside of me" bit. Maybe it's a reach but it came off more iconic with him saying those lines and her under him, then if she would have been in the back taking off her jacket ya know? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EDM said:

No because he didn't start at the beginning of the verse. He messed up at the beginning then was trying to find his place.

This. Listen to the studio version to hear what he was originally going to rap. He forgot the lines, and when he started again the timing was off and he also left out some lines in the end. :boredashell:

I read somewhere, I don't remember if here or another website, that sometimes he skips the lyrics that could possibly "upset" the younger audience. I don't know if this could be true but, apparently, it has happened before.  Or maybe he just lost focus for a second! Who knows?

Anyways, I enjoyed the performance and that's what matters to me! :bopney:

Archived