VMA ratings here : Total FLOP

SamanthaBailey

If you think about no one really attended.  I don't know. I attended the show live and it seemed like the only big people there were Britney Rihanna Beyoncé Kim and Kanye. Like I remember when the vmas used to be huge and everyone attended.

like they didn't reel in the tweens and teens with people like bieber, the jenners, Selena, demi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's the last time Britney will perform at the VMA's (specially bc I see it closing in a couple of years). Each year the audience is worst, so. I think, Britney just performed with a simple performance to demonstrate that she is not afraid of the media . I think she didn't want to be "iconic" again, maybe because she didn't want to give more money to the same awards that bashed her 9 years ago (Original doll vibes). And I'm happy with it, considering that the BBMA's are becoming the new VMA's. Otherwise, we have the Iheart radio and the Apple Music. 

7 minutes ago, fanman08 said:

Damn that's a massive drop

What other awards shows could Brit perform at? She would never do the grammy's....are we left with just the BBMAs :( 

There's the People's Choice Awards, Teen Choice Awards, Kid's Choice Awards, American Music Awards, European Music Awards and the World Music Awards, all of which she's performed at before barring the WMA's.

The VMA's, BBMA's and Grammys are not the only awards shows lol

3 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

If you think about no one really attended.  I don't know. I attended the show live and it seemed like the only big people there were Britney Rihanna Beyoncé Kim and Kanye. Like I remember when the vmas used to be huge and everyone attended.

like they didn't reel in the tweens and teens with people like bieber, the jenners, Selena, demi

It's true. Madonna hates the VMA's (in my opinion), Justin Timberlake with his summer song didn't attend, the new ones as Miley and Selena, Lady Gaga could go to talk about her new upcoming single, Xtina Aguilera :uknowit:, JLO, Fergie (**** $) and so on. I think nobody gives a **** about this awards anymore.

1 minute ago, F.a.u.zish said:

MTV is a cable network isn't it logical the BBMAS would get more views considering they air on ABC?

Yes. But maybe it's not the number of people watching the show; it's the fact that each year the audience is worst. Then, in conclusion, each year people realize that this awards are so yesterday. The last big performance was Lady Gaga's, and they always promote this show with old iconic performances, because it's been a while since they don't have a sucessful and iconic show. The Vma's are over in my opinion. 

I think it's just a different time and era.  I mean people who grew up with MTV or MuchMusic in my case are in their late 20's/early 30's or even older now.  The younger audience now will either stream it or watch whatever they want later because it's so accessible elsewhere without the annoyance of waiting for your favourite parts.  Most people are too busy playing on their phones/tablets/pokemon go to care about what is on TV anyways.

3 minutes ago, ukfan said:

What do you mean by that?  I'm only asking cuz my gf trying to get me to watch it.  Is it good iv watched the first few episodes but what you mean by low?  

It's a good show, after few seasons, it started to have it's weakness. I just though of it cause i remember reading an article saying that the audience really dropped the last season falling to 4 millions, compare to 10-12 millions in it's first season.

Not surprising since the early 2000's they've just gotten more and more boring. Plus I mean they only had like 6-7 performers?! That seems ridiculous, I feel like they used to have like 20 or something back then. Even the BBMA had a LOT more performances. The VMA's just aren't what they used to be. TBH they should just stop, MTV doesn't even play Music Videos anymore, so it doesn't really make sense. 

Stop shading Rihanna and Bey, y'all. They're amazing performers, they have good songs out there, and good voices. They deserve it even though I don't have as much sympathy for Bey as I used to have back in the day.

But that show was a mess overall. I was wrong, not even Britney might be able to save it because it's something at its very core. Timing, presenters, etc.

This is what you get when you allow Kanye ramble **** for 10 minutes straight and get Beyonka marching around the joint smashing fake camera lenses! The VMAs been in decline since 2004... I remember watching it in 2008 ( for obvious reasons ;) ) and thinking: "What the actual **** happened to this award show? It used to be so good!"

It truly was an AWFUL show.  Those "hosts".  Not funny at all.  Very few awards were given out...it was all performances.  The Beyonce concert was annoying AF.  I'm not a fan of her...I have no interest in seeing her perform for 20 minutes when she isn't receiving some special award.  It was just bad.  The show used to have so much prestige.  They are trying WAY too hard to cater to a new audience and it is failing miserably.  Thankfully the rating show this.

Archived