MTV: It's no easy task to follow BigYawnce

makemeslay

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Lbr, she would have been compared to Beyoncé no matter where in the show she performed.  That was inevitable.  I just can't with some of you thinking MTV was intentionally trying to embarrass her.  :ricackle:  What exactly would they gain from that?

A few days ago everyone was creaming themselves over all the Britney promo MTV was doing- now that was a bad thing and MTV is a bunch of pricks?

14xf4eb.gif

we dont expect them to bash her right after it

"oh, will her performance be remembered as her greatest? no. who's fault is that? not ours we didnt hype anything lets just bash her pretend we didnt do all that marketiiiiiiiiiing"

:sofedup:

i actually loved her energy and attitude

it was good performance imo

What bothers me is that why they posted Britney dancing to MM with her choreographer on insta if they never to perform it???

it would have been perfect if she did what we have seen on insta

still love it its just that we expected way too much 

aD7iWQ.gif

9 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Lbr, she would have been compared to Beyoncé no matter where in the show she performed.  That was inevitable.  I just can't with some of you thinking MTV was intentionally trying to embarrass her.  :ricackle:  What exactly would they gain from that?

A few days ago everyone was creaming themselves over all the Britney promo MTV was doing- now that was a bad thing and MTV is a bunch of pricks?

14xf4eb.gif

That's not the point. The whole show was terrible. The way everything was laid out. Yes Bey was great but was a whole concert necessary? That's not fair for the other performers. Even those two host were atrocious. It gets worse every year. 

3 minutes ago, JoffBaratheon said:

You do know production budget includes advertising right? :nothavingit:

Nope. Production budgets only include pre-production (costumes, props, sets, etc.), production (the actual filming process) and post-production (editing, CGI/FX, reshoots, etc.)

Advertising comes under the marketing budget. You expect them to simplify their entire worldwide distribution budget, what with licensing rights and foreign exchange policies, to factor in into the same budget that is going to be eaten up by filming costs? LOL thats like inviting the bank to shut down your studio and declare you bankrupt.

It's so sad that they put Britney face everywhere to hype up the VMA. Where as the matter of fact they are just using Britney image to get viewers and watch long *** formation mini concert and 4 Rihanna performances. They seriously should have just used Rihanna and beyonce names for the VMA hype. Make Britney the "mysterious/surprise" performer. 

Seriously tho MTV.... Smh.

i'm still proud of Britney tho!! She did a good job!

10 minutes ago, JoffBaratheon said:

You do know production budget includes advertising right? :nothavingit: And are we really comparing Disney Marvel to a more mature audience oriented DC film? :nothavingit:

LMAO you mean are we comparing Marvel to their biggest competitor since the 1940s? Yes, yes we are.

17 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

can we officially declare the VMA's death today? :ricackle: the show was a complete mess with the exception of Britney's and Beyoncé's performance

Even that stage which looked super promising before ended up being kinda meh. The VMAs already seemed pretty much dead to me before, but last year's show was super entertaining compared to this mess.

52 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

14xf4eb.gif

I see you're still in denial about this. They knew what they were doing. The headlines is what they have to gain. Pitting two women against each other, the comparisons, the chatter on twitter. This is the same network that sent her out to perform during 2007 why do you think they're suddenly above doing it?

Archived