ARTICLE: Britney Spears Makes Triumphant Return to MTV VMAs

AmiDee

9 years after her disastrous performance, Britney Spears returned to the MTV VMAs on Sunday, performing her hit single “Make Me…” with rapper G-Eazy. While the reaction to her performance is pretty positive overall, there are some people expressing their disdain, calling the performance “boring” and saying she “isn’t the Britney she used to be.”

Personally, I couldn’t be more proud. Given the fact that this was her first time at the VMAs in nearly a decade, I think she did a pretty decent job. No, she’s not the Britney who once resorted to shock value by stripping down to next to nothing on stage or prancing around with a snake. She’s 34 years old, a mother of two, and has been through the ringer. She’s different now because she’s GROWN, and everyone needs to give the girl a damn break! The performance was sleek and simple, but with just the right amount of **** – and she danced her *** off, which is something the general public hasn’t been able to say about Britney for a while. But what I truly appreciated about it the most was her ability to not be about all of the gimmicks and tricks like so many of the other performers of the night, and instead let her presence speak for itself. Oh, and to those of you whining about her lip-synching? If you thought Britney was going to sing live then I’ve got an investment opportunity for you!

People will always seem to find a million different reasons to dissect every single bit of any of Britney’s performances, but the fact of the matter is it was a performance that most artists wouldn’t even be able to deliver, let alone want to do after being humiliated on that very same show.

http://poundofbutter.ca/2016/08/britney-spears-makes-triumphant-return-mtv-vmas/

:carpoolney:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People will always seem to find a million different reasons to dissect every single bit of any of Britney’s performances, but the fact of the matter is it was a performance that most artists wouldn’t even be able to deliver, let alone want to do after being humiliated on that very same show.

THIS:sobbing:

3 minutes ago, Ayush said:

YEP!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Ayush said:

That ****** dragged every ***** through filth with that line and I loved it!!!!!!!:drinky:

Archived