True story....

Guest Dexmorgan89

Guest Dexmorgan89

As a kid I was  always big on debates, speeches at school, once I forgot an entire paragraph on the stage, froze and literally ran off the stage, I was ridiculed (normal teenage behaviour) for years and I **** you not 2 weeks back I gave a presentation in the board room and my heart still sinks till date before every public speaking event (It went well, btw) .. now I hope you get my point. I agree, I am no performer or celeb or whatever but try and putting yourself in her shoes, the stage she performed on today completely wrote her off in 2007. I remember news outlets ( even in India) running stories like "She's over" "Has-been" etc. Just imagine the kinda pressure she must have faced to comeback here and perform. She did it for us and the general public and IN MY OPINION she did a pretty awesome job at it. Was is it as iconic as her previous VMA outings, hell no! Was it bed? Absolutely not! I was a great performance you guys, savour it. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dexmorgan89 said:

As a kid I was  always big on debates, speeches at school, once I forgot an entire paragraph on the stage, froze and literally ran of the stage, I was ridiculed (normal teenage behaviour) for years and I **** you not 2 weeks back I gave a presentation in the board room and my heart still sinks till date before every public speaking event (It went well, btw) .. now I hope you get my point. I agree, I am no performer or celeb or whatever but try and putting yourself in her shoes, the stage she performed on today completely wrote her off in 2007. I remember news outlets ( even in India) running stories like "She's over" "Has-been" etc. Just imagine the kinda pressure she must have faced to comeback here and perform. She did it for us and the general public and IN MY OPINION she did a pretty awesome job at it. Was is it as iconic as her previous VMA outings, hell no! Was it bed? Absolutely not! I was a great performance you guys, savour it. 

I get what you are saying, I had a similar experience as well... That's why I am so proud of her. The entire world called her a has-been, a *****, a terrible mother, unfit parent, they fought to be the first to report when she'd kill herself. They tried to destroy her... But they couldn't. She took the time she needed to take to regain her confidence and tonight on that stage she proved the world and those media outlets that she was stronger and they couldn't destroy her. She killed tonight... It was such a great performance, she didn't rely on any gimmicks or props, no, it was all her... She was so good. I feel so proud 

Guest Dexmorgan89

It very, very easy to sit behind your laptop and phones and write hurtful comments (and you're entitled to do that) but for this performance, she definitely deserves praise. 

Guest Dexmorgan89
1 minute ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I get what you are saying, I had a similar experience as well... That's why I am so proud of her. The entire world called her a has-been, a *****, a terrible mother, unfit parent, they fought to be the first to report when she'd kill herself. They tried to destroy her... But they couldn't. She took the time she needed to take to regain her confidence and tonight on that stage she proved the world and those media outlets that she was stronger and they couldn't destroy her. She killed tonight... It was such a great performance, she didn't rely on any gimmicks or props, no, it was all her... She was so good. I feel so proud 

You know i wrote the she'd kill herself line and deleted it, cause till date it breaks my heart but at the same time makes my chest throb with glory (pun intended :) ) at what an incredible place she is in her life right now. Haters gonna hate, but Miss Britney Spears is a tail-******- blazer!! 

4 minutes ago, Dexmorgan89 said:

It very, very easy to sit behind your laptop and phones and write hurtful comments (and you're entitled to do that) but for this performance, she definitely deserves praise. 

Actually, no one is entitled to have hateful comments towards anyone ...

:angietea:

Guest Dexmorgan89
Just now, X445500 said:

Actually, no one is entitled to have hateful comments towards anyone ...

:angietea:

Absolutely!! Freedom or speech or not, Karma is watching you!! 

Guest Dexmorgan89
1 minute ago, xxteexx128 said:

She was one of the highlights of the show.

She is receiving universal acclaim from every media outlet, I just wish people out here where more appreciative. 

28 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

This so much! THIS IS WHAT MAKES HER PERFORMANCE TONIGHT ICONIC! She's a survivor! She's a fighter! Bless her for being so beautiful and talented! I'm so thankful she has people around her that have helped her come this far and I know Britney will get even better!  She might extend her LV tour and make more albums, and that is so iconic in itself.  It's awesome and I love it.

Guest Dexmorgan89
2 minutes ago, SashayFierce said:

This so much! THIS IS WHAT MAKES HER PERFORMANCE TONIGHT ICONIC! She's a survivor! She's a fighter! Bless her for being so beautiful and talented! I'm so thankful she has people around her that have helped her come this far and I know Britney will get even better!  She might extend her LV tour and make more albums, and that is so iconic in itself.  It's awesome and I love it.

I am so glad you mentioned the people around her. People here will probably lay the smackdown on me hard for saying this, but I for one am very grateful to Larry and her Dad who supported her till here. Britney was clearly in a very,very vulnerable place back in the day and these two clearly provided the much need support.

3 minutes ago, Dexmorgan89 said:

I am so glad you mentioned the people around her. People here will probably lay the smackdown on me hard for saying this, but I for one am very grateful to Larry and her Dad who supported her till here. Britney was clearly in a very,very vulnerable place back in the day and these two clearly provided the much need support.

I was just thinking about all the people around here when she made Blackout! Those toxic people, and vultures!  I wonder if some fans here are just as much as user's as the **** ***** that were around Britney during her so called greatest album of all time, "Blackout".  Glory is excellent! I love it! I love it more each time I listen to it, and look how healthy and happy she is.

Guest Dexmorgan89
10 minutes ago, SashayFierce said:

I was just thinking about all the people around here when she made Blackout! Those toxic people, and vultures!  I wonder if some fans here are just as much as user's as the **** ***** that were around Britney during her so called greatest album of all time, "Blackout".  Glory is excellent! I love it! I love it more each time I listen to it, and look how healthy and happy she is.

Word. You know my take on all this is, if you are an old fan, if you've loved her since the BOMT days, if you've seen what the media did to her back in the day, you would always and forever be appreciative of where she has come. Always!! I guess people who became fans at a much later stage or post 2007 are in the majority who don't get pleased easily by her current performances (to each one its own) but I can never not appreciate her growth as a person, performer :)  

2 minutes ago, Dexmorgan89 said:

Word. You know my take on all this is, if you are an old fan, if you've loved her since the BOMT days, if you've seen what the media did to her back in the day, you would always and forever be appreciative of where she has come. Always!! I guess people who became fans at a much later stage or post 2007 are in the majority who don't get pleased easily by her current performances (to each one its own) but I can never non appreciate her growth as a person, performer :)  

Yes! I've loved Britney since BOMT but didn't join exhale until before Britney Jean came out! Thank god! 

Guest Dexmorgan89
Just now, SashayFierce said:

Yes! I've loved Britney since BOMT but didn't join exhale until before Britney Jean came out! Thank god! 

Hahaha, I joined much later, man. This is only my second post here. Great to meet like minded people like you! Peace :)

Archived