The GP is packing on pressure for the VMAs. Depending on where you are, Yahoo's top story is on her VMA comeback

mwilliams917

The header is "Britney is back where it all began"

Under that it says "The "Make Me" singer will perform live at the MTV Video Music Awards for the first time since the great debacle of nine years ago. Expectations are high"

You can read their article if you want: https://www.yahoo.com/music/whats-at-stake-for-britney-spearss-big-vmas-comeback-193857784.html

I think this just proves that people still know Britney = VMA. So Beyonce, Rihanna, etc can show up, but it's Britney's show, *****! :wannadie:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully she will kill it!  I know it's very unlikely, but I really want her to sing part of the performance live... She could do an acoustic version of the song with live vocals for the first verse and chorus and then lip sync and do choreo for the rest of the song... Please Britney! :otears:

• Super Mods

I'm so excited! I think this, like the BBMAs, will show the GP how much Britney has grown and progressed as an artist/performer/entertainer. :gobaby: Some of the GP really are clueless and Queen is coming to educate them tbh :nobitch: I know this fanbase can (and will, probably) pick apart her performance no matter what, but I hope we can all realize what a big moment this is for ha and be slayed by our Queen as usual!! :cominthru:

Beyonce is so one-note and predictable, that I'm legitimately not worried about her. It'll be like 2003 VMA's again, where Britney does something out of the box and the world praises her and Beyonce does.... Beyonce and gets paid dust.

Rihanna is awesome, but she's not a threat as far as a performance artist. The only reason people liked her BBMA performance is bc she gave a decent live vocal for once.

I see all 3 of them walking away with praise, but Britney's is going to be the most important bc the younger generation hasn't been exposed to her specific style of performing.

giphy.gif

Kinda off-topic but not really; tonight on the bus here in Rio the screens were showing bits of the Perfume mv and the headline was about Britney and Ariana (who?) performing at the VMAs this Sunday. It was so random since most of the news are local, but slay that Brazilian promo I guess.

:myjam::myjam::myjam:

3 minutes ago, saicis said:

People will be comparing a lot. I'm afraid that if she lip-syncs, they're gonna say she hasn't improved since 2007 and that she's nothing like rihanna and beyonce (who will sing live!)

She needs to bless us with some live vocals.

I'm also afraid if she sings live that the gp will blast her for sounding awful... Britney can't win these days honestly. I'm legit terrified of tomorrow.  Two things can happen:

1. POM choreography or POM-quality choreography... a leotard like she's been wearing... and either lip syncing or live vocals that the gp scrutinize.

2. Somehow above POM quality choreo (even though BBMAS  was POM af), a memorable outfit that will make the performance stand out (what her other performances had in common), and such a great mesmerizing performance with great vocals.. an absence of nervousness... this is what we need to be able to compete with her old performances, at least to get GP on her side again, but that is so slim a chance even if she's been delivering a pretty consistently driven comeback.

I really just hope Britney conquers this last demon, so she can prove to herself that she still has it in her. It'll be the last nail in the coffin lid of her dark days behind her. No matter what though I'm so grateful that she's giving us this again, it's really an exciting and electrifying time!

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Kinda off-topic but not really; tonight on the bus here in Rio the screens were showing bits of the Perfume mv and the headline was about Britney and Ariana (who?) performing at the VMAs this Sunday. It was so random since most of the news are local, but slay that Brazilian promo I guess.

:myjam::myjam::myjam:

Acoustic raw vocal performance of perfume ft sia confirmed :assshakeney:

Archived