Britney Spears' New Album 'Glory' Is Officially Out!

Jordan Miller

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay i've listened to the album now. Wow, what can i say? This is amazing, although i never was really a hater of Britney Jean this album is much better, Britney seems so much more involved and she has experimented with many different genres on this album. And her vocal delivery on some of the songs is incredible, she sounds so alive! This is the type of album we've been waiting for from Britney for a long time, now i can see why everyone is putting it up against In the Zone and Blackout.

Track by track thoughts

1. Invitation - i guess you can consider this song a ballad right? Although it's quite midtempo too, i wasn't expecting this sort of song to be the opening track but it's amazing! Britney sounds great on this track and i think she made the right decision making this the opening track of Glory, it's a good introduction to what the album is about and sets the mood for it.

2. Make Me - overall i still think this was the best choice for the lead single. It SOUNDS like a lead single, and is able to show a different side of Britney to the public. I still love this song, despite the video drama. Fans who left because of the video are actually missing out on a great album! I can't wait for Britney's killer performance of this song at the VMA's!

3. Private Show - meh, compared to the rest of the album's songs i don't think i like this one as much. Not to mention when we first got this before the album came out i got kinda bored of it. Britney does sound great on this song, and i like the throwback R&B feel, but it feels lackluster compared to some other songs from the album, and i hate the 'apple pie' bit at the end! :orangu: 

4. Man on the Moon - is this supposed to be a sequel to Alien or something? Cause that's how i felt when i listened to this song, anyway i'm not sure if this is one of my faves but it sounds like it could be a single! It sounds really radio friendly! Hopefully it's a single, it would have a cool video!

5. Just Luv Me - FAVE!!! Well, it deffo is one of my faves from the album i think! I love the R&B feel and i know the public would LOVE this if it was released as a single!! It's a different side of Britney and i love it... this song is so good!

6. Clumsy - this song gets better every time i hear it, it's so infectious and catchy and great to dance to! Love the 'oops' before the beat drop!

7. Do You Wanna Come Over - i loved this song before the album came out, and overall i still think this is one of my faves! This HAS to be released a single, it's so catchy and a great party song! The guitar part of the instrumental does remind me of songs produced by The Neptunes and to some extent the sound of ITZ!!! I swear if it's not released as a single... 

8. Slumber Party - i really like this song! A different type of sound for Britney, sounds a lot like PBR&B and i love the chorus! This would also make a great single! 

9. Just Like Me - now i understand why this is called 'Just Like Me'! ;) i wasn't sure if i'd like this to begin with, when i heard the acoustic guitars at the beginning i thought it'd be quite boring but then the chorus kicks in... not sure if this one of my faves yet but it'll probably grow on me! I do like the sound of this song, and again Britney for trying something new. Not sure if to consider it a ballad though...

10. Love Me Down - wow, i love this song! This song has influences from reggae, R&B AND trap and it sounds great! The beat is sick and i love the chorus! This could be a great single actually...

11. Hard To Forget Ya - another one of my faves from the album! I love the beat, and the chorus is SICK, it just wants to get me moving!! And i loved that Gaga reference in the 2nd verse ;) (Poker Face) Another potential single? 

12. What You Need - a very jazzy/big band inspired song, this reminds me a lot of songs from musicals and West End/Broadway productions, so it's cool Britney attempted this style but i'm not really a big fan. I'm sure this song might grow on me though... however, i didn't like how Britney said 'that was fun!' at the end, just thought that was a bit unnecessary lol.

13. Better - i love this track!! Very R&B and trap-esque and the beat in the chorus kinda reminded me of Lean On by Major Lazer in a way (in a good way!!!) This ALSO sounds like it could be a single! But it's only a bonus track so i guess we'll have to see...

14. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) - this is okay, i like the Spanish influences, but the song is a bit too short and i don't like that Spanish spoken part toward the end of the song... i love the chorus though! I'm sure i might appreciate this song a bit more after a few more listens.

15. Liar - oh wow, this is one of the best bonus tracks!! I love the kickass '**** you' attitude of the song! And the chorus is amazing! Love the subtle wild west influences of the song (that HARMONICA!!!) Another song that could be a single... 

16. If I'm Dancing - alone with Liar, this is one of my fave bonus tracks! This is amazing, it might be a bit repetitive but the beat is amazing and i love how experimental this song is! It kinda reminds me of Diplo/Major Lazer productions in a way. This song is perfect for clubs and parties!

17. Coupure Electrique - okay, i will be honest, i was a bit underwhelmed by this song. I LOVE THE BEAT. I'll say that now, it's trippy and reminicist of Blackout songs (which is approriate, the song's title is French for Blackout) but i was disappointed by how short this song was, and how she only sings it in French!! Okay that is cool, but i would prefer if she sang it in English, and then had a French version as a bonus or something. How short the song is makes it sound more like an album outro rather than a full album track. But that's just me... i'm sure French fans will love this though!

So basically, i love almost all the songs and there are so many songs that could be singles! Think Coupure Electrique might have to be my least fave for now... sorry! But i do love the majority of the album.

Hi guys, the album is beyond perfection. Just bought my physical copy a couple of hours ago. The booklet is... :sickofu:

But everything else is amazing, so here's a hashtag for every song on the album. I'm so happy and excited! :hype:

Such a good day, week, month to be a Britney fan :ahhh:

1. Invitation = #Godney #Holysh**ney

2. Make Me = #YoshiNey #MeikMiMubNey

3. Private Show = #HeliumNey

4. Man On The Moon = #Don'tGetMarriedNey #WaitOnTheMoonNey (ok 2 hehe)

5. Just Lov Me = #IllShowYouNey

6. Clumsy = #OopsNey

7. Do You Wanna Come Over? = #NaughtyNey #CharityNey

8. Slumber Party = #I'mAMomILuvPJsNey

9. Just Like Me = #BackTouHerRootsNey

10. Love Me Down = #GwenNey

11. Hard To Forget Ya = #GrowlNey

12. What You Need = #CabaretNey #ThatWasFunNey

13. Better = #LeanOnNey

14. Change Your Mind = #BandoleraNey

15. Liar = #ShadeNey #JTWhoNey

16 If I'm Dancing = #TwerkNey

17. Coupure Electrique #AlizeeNey #BO2.0Ney

Hello guys, i'm new here but i have been a fun of britney and a follower of this site for many years. I wanted to ask someone to pleaseeee send me britney's new album on my mail (manekic8@gmail.com) because i'm from croatia and here we don't have app store, itunes or such plus i can't anywhere find any link to download her album which is 'workeable' in my country. Soo please someone send it to me. I'll be very grateful to anyone who helps me. Pleasee guys send me our queen's new album. Pleaseee and thank you in advance

Archived