My honest thoughts on "Glory" after first couple listens

Urbanney

• Love the "Yes or no, but no maybes. Not gonna beg, so don't make me." part in Invitation
  • Coupure Electrique's production is INSANE. The title definitely is fitting because it reminds me exactly of what Blackout 2.0 would sound like.
  • Just Luv Me is one of the best songs on the album hands down
  • Just Like Me is heartbreaking... "Heart's beating fast when I'm turning the key. I see you on your back, and I just can't believe she looks just like me."
  • Man on the Moon is the Heaven on Earth and Trip to Your Heart of the album
  • Clumsy is interesting, I guess... I don't really care for it
  • Do You Wanna Come Over reminds me of Over to You Now. It's very unique, experimental, and arguably one of the most "Britney" songs on the album
  • Hard to Forget Ya pre-chorus melody sounds so similar to another song that I can't remember the title of and the chorus reminds me of "Drink You Away" by Justin Timberlake
  • What You Need is a good showcase for her vocals but just don't really care for the song. Reminds me of something an overweight girl would sing (Adele, Duffy, Pitch Perfect, Glee). Sorry, no offense.
  • Her vocals on the album are amazing. It's so good to hear her show off her voice, experiment, and hear classic Britney vocals, breathy ITZ vocals, etc.
  • Overall production of the album is really high quality

Favorites: 

• Make Me
  • Private Show
  • Just Luv Me
  • Do You Wanna Come Over
  • Slumber Party

Lesser Favorites:

• Invitation
  • Just Like Me
  • Love Me Down
  • Better
  • Change Your Mind

Not really feeling it:

• Clumsy
  • Hard to Forget Ya
  • What You Need
  • Liar
  • If I'm Dancing

Undecided:

• Man on the Moon
  • Coupure Electrique

Honestly, I feel like there's only a few strong songs and that a lot of the album is kinda forgettable. None of the album is bad at all and it's definitely a huge improvement over Britney Jean. I love how much she's experimented, love the vocals, effort, and production. However, I don't really care that much for anything after Just Like Me, and even some of the songs before that I don't care much for. While all the songs are good, I just don't care that much for like half of them. Maybe I'll warm up to the rest eventually but right now, I only care to listen to a few songs over and over.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Blackout Fan said:

Get Lucky?

no, more along the lines of fergie singing "i've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you" but even that's not right

10 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

Liar is a grower :riri:

3 minutes ago, Aymama said:

I respect your opinion sis but :huh:how are you not feeling, IID, LMD or CYM?! literally in my top 5 of the album. :tifftear:

1 minute ago, Toxic.Latin said:

All them sleeper hits. Bookmark me. 

SKAOTYBWYVxiE.gif

it's very possible for them to grow on me. just my first impressions 

Alright, so I've listened a few times now and it seems like we have similar first reactions. Here's my list: 

Potential Singles:

• Do You Wanna Come Over?
  • Better (reminds me of Biebs' "Sorry", in a good way)
  • Private Show

Personal Faves:

• Just Luv Me
  • Man on the Moon
  • Change Your Mind
  • Coupure Electrique
  • What You Need (she should replace I Love Rock 'n' Roll with this in POM)

Janet Jackson Outtakes #noshade:

• If I'm Dancing (does anyone else hear Feedback here??)
  • Invitation 

Not my thing:

• Hard to Forget Ya (too repetitive)
  • Love Me Down
  • Clumsy
  • Liar
  • Slumber Party (that creepy guy's vocals kill it)
  • Make Me

Archived