Critical analysis: Why is radio not supporting Make Me?

Chico101

10 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Yeah but I feel like that at this point the song should be at least top 10 by now. 

why? lol why should it be top 10 radio if its barely top 50 streaming/sales? wheres the logic in that? be a critical thinker like you're urging others to be. :orly:

i love the song, but i understand why radio is apprehensive.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David Rose said:

why? lol why should it be top 10 radio if its barely top 50 streaming/sales? wheres the logic in that? be a critical thinker like you're urging others to be. :orly:

i love the song, but i understand why radio is apprehensive.

Ok, I'm new to the streaming platform. Logically to me it follows that a song is popular on radio first which then influences people to stream/buy the song. That is a basic element of the music industry.

As a result, streaming/sales shouldn't be the driver of radio airplay. Radio is primary and streaming/sales is secondary in the supply chain.

4 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

So is that Spotify influences Radio? How is that possible?

I thought Radio influences Spotify. I hear a song on the radio first and then I add it to my playlist on Spotify...

everything influences everything. but put it this way...if radio play is supposed to drive up sales and streams, then the fact that sales and streams are still so poor is a really bad sign. it means lots of ppl are hearing it on the radio and thats not translating into success on any other platform. thats worrisome.

at the end of the day the song is great, so the charts are wtv. still sad that ppl dont appreciate it more...

I don't think it has anything to do with ageism. Brit isnt old old like madonna. she's still conventionally attractive. a Hot 34 year old > a young fat pop star like meghan trainer. (sorry i just mean the public perception lol)

make me might just be too chill for radio. cant stop the feeling, cold water, work from home, etc. are some examples of whats big....big summer smash hits. make me is kinda like 'needed me' by rihanna....i don't hear that song much on radio. it's just a little too raw. 

i also think ppl might assume cause its britney w a feature that she needs to rely on a feature now. and she totally doesnt. and once this album starts getting reviews and this era gets into the meat and potatos it's gonna be wild. 

Radio and the GP in the US love Britney's uptempos. Make me was always going to need a strong fan push and the fans gave up on it (wasn't holding on itunes or whatnot) even before the video issue and that just made fans drop it big time. Read the fan Glory reviews. 

7 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

So is that Spotify influences Radio? How is that possible?

I thought Radio influences Spotify. I hear a song on the radio first and then I add it to my playlist on Spotify...

It goes both ways. But Spotify and itunes are influenced by more than one Genre and right now Pop music loves that cross-pollination. Britney has rarely ever been pushed into the other formats. Make me should be big on AC and HOT AC but She's Britney Spears and people are less likely to request her even when they like the music.

It's why We really need to support the grass roots happening in the radio request, rate the music and streaming threads. 

2 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

Ok, I'm new to the streaming platform. Logically to me it follows that a song is popular on radio first which then influences people to stream/buy the song. That is a basic element of the music industry.

As a result, streaming/sales shouldn't be the driver of radio airplay. Radio is primary and streaming/sales is secondary in the supply chain.

that is indeed logical. but its radio numbers are respectable, they were top 20 until the last couple of days, and ppl still aren't buying/streaming it. go figure.

6 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

top 30 you mean, it's 21

that *just* happened lol

Just now, David Rose said:

that is indeed logical. but its radio numbers are respectable, they were top 20 until the last couple of days, and ppl still aren't buying/streaming it. go figure.

Also, I think that music video did more damage than Team Britney would like to admit.

I think the answer is pretty simple. Promo, I know she´s going to perform and she´s done some promo already, but normally songs become hits when the artist is promoting alot, performing at talk shows or award shows, doing interviews, being present in the eyes of the gp :beynah:

Britney doesn´t do that anymore, and its fine, but its hard to get a song to become very popular like that :ehno:

Make Me is a very good song and has been doing very well considering the lack promo or a decent video, which is another thing, if Britney wasn´t going to do lots of interviews and perform the song, she should have focused on delivering a video worth watching over and over and that made people talk, but she didn´t :beynah:

Maybe they have something big planned for the VMAs that will turn Make Me into a hit :yaknow:

Archived