Glory: An album through and through.. but not a hit in sight.

IllPass

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Summer-Son said:

LMAO at the shitty teens that don't know how to have an open discussion and instead give negative reputation to the OP who didn't even say it's a bad album.

oh god.... grow the **** up.

I'm holding your hand while they drag you to the pits with neg reputation. I'm here with you, sis. 

And I agree. But you cannot expect any type of normal discussion here. Sorry. Say something about glory that is not pure praise and you gonna get killed. #toosoon

12 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Literally everybody is praising the album though. I swear I've seen people on Twitter saying they have never been fans of Brit but were really positively surprised by the album. I've also seen a poll on A.T.RL where Glory won against... Lemonade... and A.TR.L is like beyonce's second home, they ALL love her and praise her to death... The reactions are REALLY positives

I'll say this I still haven't listened so I'm just going by what I'm reading from everyone and I'm excited. ****, I think both PS and DYWCO could be singles so idc  what the OP says, especially  bc  they gave no succinct reasons or examples why they felt that way

But reading something like this really gets me even more aggravated that this leak happened and that so many people in here and around the web passed  that link around. Not to mention I personally feel it was really disrespectful to Britney. Because you know that there are people out there that might have actually bought the album and now won't because they have an illegal digital copy. I'm not saying that goes for true  stans or people in here necessarily, but it worries me about what it could do to the overall trajectory of the album.

I said once before, it's a shame we'll never know. Maybe those people that have the illegal download would have bought it hearing some stuff form word to mouth about how good it is and now they don't have to

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
13 hours ago, IllPass said:

After unearthing the 'Glory' album one may have come to two conclusions.

I feel your response to this album as with any LP can be varied. To each their own and so forth.

But I feel once the initial euphoria wanes and good ole reality makes a reappearance there will be a blatant truth evident within the fanbase.

'Glory' is a mood album. It has an essential oomph a "je ne sais quoi" which never materialises into what I would deem a blockbuster hit.

It hits certain pillars and bounces on to the next one. It satisfies many desires in the fanbase which have gone neglected over the years.

This album is striking in the sense that it is an album, which we know Britney has had quite many fingerprints on and for this we salute her. Her voice more daring than the norm.

This is an album that as a whole is completely satisfying from a stan viewpoint.

To the everyday Joe. This album may appear somewhat flimsical.. too 'all-inclusive' too somewhat aghast at the objectives one has set for oneself.

To some it up. This is an album for the fans. It has never been so obviously targeted at her base.

And if you're a fan.. heck that ain't half bad at all!

Pop music is in a different place now. People prefer songs like 'Sorry' over club bangers like Til the world ends :cigney:

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, IllPass said:

After unearthing the 'Glory' album one may have come to two conclusions.

I feel your response to this album as with any LP can be varied. To each their own and so forth.

But I feel once the initial euphoria wanes and good ole reality makes a reappearance there will be a blatant truth evident within the fanbase.

'Glory' is a mood album. It has an essential oomph a "je ne sais quoi" which never materialises into what I would deem a blockbuster hit.

It hits certain pillars and bounces on to the next one. It satisfies many desires in the fanbase which have gone neglected over the years.

This album is striking in the sense that it is an album, which we know Britney has had quite many fingerprints on and for this we salute her. Her voice more daring than the norm.

This is an album that as a whole is completely satisfying from a stan viewpoint.

To the everyday Joe. This album may appear somewhat flimsical.. too 'all-inclusive' too somewhat aghast at the objectives one has set for oneself.

To some it up. This is an album for the fans. It has never been so obviously targeted at her base.

And if you're a fan.. heck that ain't half bad at all!

2q2momo.jpg

Poor you and your -85 (at the time of this posting) flop opinion :tiffsmoke: Glory has come to take the world by storm unlike your delusional thought process and tragic dictionary :tiffsmoke:

Stay pressed though and I bid you farewell. Or should I say toodaloo :queenflopga:

2q2momo.jpg

I feel like her album could have been sung by anyone and I actually agree with TS as there are no obvious hits when I heard it the first time. But with good PR and a good preformance (preferably with animals, since that has become her thing and is hinted at in the trailer) she still can create one. 

7 minutes ago, YouFoundAmy said:

I'll say this I still haven't listened so I'm just going by what I'm reading from everyone and I'm excited. ****, I think both PS and DYWCO could be singles so idc  what the OP says, especially  bc  they gave no succinct reasons or examples why they felt that way

But reading something like this really gets me even more aggravated that this leak happened and that so many people in here and around the web passed  that link around. Not to mention I personally feel it was really disrespectful to Britney. Because you know that there are people out there that might have actually bought the album and now won't because they have an illegal digital copy. I'm not saying that goes for true  stans or people in here necessarily, but it worries me about what it could do to the overall trajectory of the album.

I said once before, it's a shame we'll never know. Maybe those people that have the illegal download would have bought it hearing some stuff form word to mouth about how good it is and now they don't have to

I agree sis, fingers crossed the leaks don't affect anything. I haven't heard the album and plan to respect Britney's intended release as well.

After hearing most of the album n some snippets i can say this album doesnt contain Gimme More neither it has Toxic vibey song. Maybe they intended to create a good album from top to the end not relying on such hits.( Theyve already stated they r going a chill sound) n they succeeded.bcuz i feel like its an album ill stream without skipping any track. As i said it doesnt have an innovative uptempo strong hit dance track such as Toxic or MATM but it has Slumber Party which i believe Will stick on peoples mind if its released as a single and many other good songs u wont skip while streaming when u have a walk :gelis: 

13 hours ago, YouFeelLikeParadise said:

You are trying to use fancy words to make yourself sound eloquent and important and yet you fail in every attempt.

Next. Your karma speaks for itself.

this, not to mention he uses those words in a completely wrong context too :gloria: 

This album demonstrates WHY britney spears is a superstar. These are songs they could've given to anyone but SHE takes them to that level. Female pop stars make music like this to try and make a monster britney spears record. And this album is showcasing exactly why they can't get to that level cause they are not her. 

The production is reminiscent of biebers stuff but it's better cause its HER. Her voice and the production are fused seamlessly and the lyrics are ******* epicly on point. 

I realize i am biased but no - this is ITZ level. We have waited for this album for like, 12 years. I have, at least. 

Actually there are lot of songs that are single-worthy - each song has its own hook and target, so it's really hard to imagine a hit if you think of your audience as one-dimensional.

I personally think the album succeeds because it encompasses various audiences and genres, that even if the album fails sales-wise, the singles might be successful, given the right promotion and exposure.

Take the case of "Make Me..." - It is a different sound, so the general public is most likely adjusting to the mood. I think it's a stupid move to immediately release Private Show, Clumsy and Do You Wanna Come Over (although one can argue that these are mostly promotional singles) but if you notice, each song released as a promotional single has a specific audience in mind.

No.

It's only an album "for the fans" in that we the fans love it, and the fans loving it does not "an album for the fans" make :mj:

I would even argue that older albums were more targeted at the fans than Glory is. And maybe we heard different things, but there are QUITE a few solid hits on this album. It may not be as cohesive as FF, but Britney doesn't need to be cohesive. She's Britney ******* Spears.

Archived