Britney Confirms She's Performing At The VMAs

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G-unit said:

The response to the BBMA's was overwhelmingly positive.  She will always have haters.

Ik like I said the good out weighs the bad but I think the media will be harsher since of her history wit the vmas and the fact that so many ppl were calling her stiff at Bbmas even tho she was only stiff for work ***** and bits of womanizer :brityeah:

1 hour ago, Slave4yew said:

Britney has been hated on since she did the striptease in 2000. It's what makes her a ******* queen. She's gonna slay

Yasss sis hand in your wig now :hype:

1 hour ago, PlayingItSafe said:

I'm proud of her even doing it, but she's been performing really well for over a year now so I feel confident she'll deliver a good performance with hopefully pre-recorded vocals at least :shake:

I hope the pre recorded vocals will be better then Bbmas...I want snl boys live pre recorded or oops tour where it actually sounds live

1 hour ago, OutrageousSin said:

They're mad, let them be! Those Twitter rats are the saddest creatures on this planet! Talking **** won't effect anything! She'll kill it and they'll get more pissed that their favs still dance in circles around themselves! 

We must flood Britney with love after that performance no matter Wat she deserves it...this is a huge step in the right direction for her and I'm happy she is focused on proving those haters wrong 

1 hour ago, CJMCH said:

The army is supportive again :crying2: Britney's promo power

o05grt.png

Fanmade :hype:

:hype:

• Super Mods

Let's be honest, the VMAs commercial is ICONIC! Like what other current artist today can have such recognizable iconography in a 1 minute commercial?! :queenflopga: It’s OK, I couldn’t come up with names either. :queenflopga:  It's obvious that "It's Britney, *****," slays all these other basics out of the water. 

While popular news sites will remember her VMAs legacy with enthusiastic mention of 1999 BOMT/*NSYNC, 2000 OIDIA, 2001 Slave 4 U, and 2003 performance with Madonna, Missy & the other girl, we all know how the 2007 Gimme More VMAs has gone down in history and remembered. It remains controversial for several reasons, and along with the entire Blackout era, the GP often mocks this performance. Even her team sometimes steers away from remembering it for reasons we all understand. But this is where Britney was the last time she performed at the VMAs:

https://youtu.be/xmJ1Pa_fZGI

Now, the fact that she is sharing her most vibrant music with us in her 9th album Glory, she's slaying Vegas and the world with ha killer bod and dance skills, she seems happy, she loves her children and being a mother, and is a billion miles ahead of where she ever was ten years ago, is something to celebrate. When she takes the stage on August 28, I hope we all take a moment to be grateful. She has come so far. For me, she defines resurrection, glory, and perseverance. Everytime she performs, or steps on stage, is a victory and an accomplishment and a celebration. I am so proud of Britney, and I cannot wait for our Queen to slay everyone with just her performance at the VMAs. :gobaby::gobaby::gobaby:

Never forget where you've been, never let it hold you back, and slay whatever the present and futures hold, sistren!!!

DISCUSS.

Random thought, i honestly never understood why people dragged her for 2007 vmas. It was a decent performance, just not high energy. Fluid movements, nice choreo. She looked ok. I remember seeing it live and i was like "yay britney good job" and then reading all the comments online "OMFG SHES SO FAT" "OMGG WAS SHE ON *****" "OMGG WOW SHE SUCKS" etc. It's not even terrible...hell some of her FF performances were really...lacking compared to that. :yaknow:

1 hour ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

I know she'll bring it, and I'm not just saying that as a fan.

She knows she's had a lot of her live iconic performances on the VMA stage so she knows people's expectations of her will be high.

The 2007 VMAs were unfortunate because she wasn't mentally or physically prepared, everyone was bashing her, so obviously it wouldn't be good for her.

This year is really the first year we've seen her performing abilities significantly improve and her dancing nowadays is getting close to what it was in her prime. I think she just needs to work out her nerves because that's really all I saw that was holding her back at the BBMAs. But in all honesty she's going to be amazing and I think it'll be an iconic performance.

I agree. She was SO nervous during the first songs, sadly she only gained confidence at the end of the performance. But it was great anyway. I loved it. I hope she could deal better with the nerves on this performance

15 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Let's be honest, the VMAs commercial is ICONIC! Like what other current artist today can have such recognizable iconography in a 1 minute commercial?! :queenflopga:It’s OK, I couldn’t come up with names either. :queenflopga:  It's obvious that "It's Britney, *****," slays all these other basics out of the water. 

While popular news sites will remember her VMAs legacy with enthusiastic mention of 1999 BOMT/*NSYNC, 2000 OIDIA, 2001 Slave 4 U, and 2003 performance with Madonna, Missy & the other girl, we all know how the 2007 Gimme More VMAs has gone down in history and remembered. It remains controversial for several reasons, and along with the entire Blackout era, the GP often mocks this performance. Even her team sometimes steers away from remembering it for reasons we all understand. But this is where Britney was the last time she performed at the VMAs:

https://youtu.be/xmJ1Pa_fZGI

Now, the fact that she is sharing her most vibrant music with us in her 9th album Glory, she's slaying Vegas and the world with ha killer bod and dance skills, she seems happy, she loves her children and being a mother, and is a billion miles ahead of where she ever was ten years ago, is something to celebrate. When she takes the stage on August 28, I hope we all take a moment to be grateful. She has come so far. For me, she defines resurrection, glory, and perseverance. Everytime she performs, or steps on stage, is a victory and an accomplishment and a celebration. I am so proud of Britney, and I cannot wait for our Queen to slay everyone with just her performance at the VMAs. :gobaby::gobaby::gobaby:

Never forget where you've been, never let it hold you back, and slay whatever the present and futures hold, sistren!!!

DISCUSS.

Love this. :mcry:

Archived