Britneysource01: RCA/Sony Music intends to sue David LaChepelle

DaddyNotaFool

10 minutes ago, Chico101 said:

What you said make no sense. Of course she has to side with the sponsors - THEY PROVIDED MONEY FOR THE VIDEO. She's under contractual obligation to advertise them. If they aren't happy with the scenes then they will essentially pull the plug, they don't pay, David doesn't get paid and then David withholds his work.

David is the one screwing them over here.

But they are about 10 different sponsors used in the MV so if 1 pulls out, so be it. If anything, the MV has far too many sponsors anyway. 

The sponsorship probably paid for the MV 10 times over so Brit and her team wanted to pocket the unused money. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cuteney said:

If it turns out being true then LaChapelle is a complete *********, putting Brit and her team in such a hard situation in the name of his 2-cents art or whatever :sickofu:

Btw it could be the scene where she throw the TV in the pool, cause you know damaging a product isn't the best way to promote it :madonna: (let alone the fact that it used to kill somebody)

but they show it's still working even underwater lol I'd buy that television :blol:

1 hour ago, Barbie. said:

still her cheap *** team's fault.

Why BRITNEY SPEARS even need sponsors?  like she is worth 200+ million, I'm pretty sure she can pay for her own vid.  The product placements are always so tacky, there's a reason why Beyonce has NEVER done any product placements in her videos.

Except it's usually the record company that pays for the vids, if the video is very expensive they'll use product placement.

2 hours ago, Cuteney said:

If it turns out being true then LaChapelle is a complete *********, putting Brit and her team in such a hard situation in the name of his 2-cents art or whatever :sickofu:

Btw it could be the scene where she throw the TV in the pool, cause you know damaging a product isn't the best way to promote it :madonna: (let alone the fact that it used to kill somebody)

Yeah that scene where she threw the TV out of the window was kind of random and then killing someone... I could do without that part.  I must have the cage/naked scene with the red body paint and I'm good!!!

2 hours ago, Mr.J said:

Why couldn't they just hire a nice hotel room and film something in there? Nice and basic. Would have been way more fitting with the mood of the song. Would have been cheaper to do that too. 

:NYschool:Stop. Be honest with yourself. No matter what was released because it wasn't the David lachapelle video, people would have reacted the exact same way! Nothing would have been good enough especially  your Perfume 2.0 idea, no shade.

1 hour ago, Chico101 said:

What you said make no sense. Of course she has to side with the sponsors - THEY PROVIDED MONEY FOR THE VIDEO. She's under contractual obligation to advertise them. If they aren't happy with the scenes then they will essentially pull the plug, they don't pay, David doesn't get paid and then David withholds his work.

David is the one screwing them over here.

People don't understand this and that confuses me. If the sponsors had issues they should have all worked together to reach common ground. I think the fact that the exact same ads ended up in the official lend some credibility to the possibility of this story.

1 hour ago, coo said:

i'm starting to think there's more to this story tbh. it could be there is some scene that is so outrageous they can't possibly allow him to release it. maybe somebody got ran over and scrambled apart in the bulldozer scene :dontlike:

We're missing the bulldozer scene and her wearing the Gown as well as some other costumes. There was another "insider" rumor that Britney was running someone over with the bulldozer and that's why she's covered in blood in the cage. Who knows though? 

Missing Golden gown/house scene missing black lace in video set w/E news.

CkFw-ZPWEAA_h8h.jpg britney-spears-make-me-interview.jpg

Missing Bulldozer/destroyed  house

13307429_1260545267320462_94196576853711Britney-Spears-video-make-me-ooh.jpg

Missing Hot model guy?

britney-spears-films-music-video-for-new

I think this guy was supposed to be featured. Maybe the bf? Remember she also went out to sushi w/him on her IG? This looks it could  be him again w/her and DLCCkEzQ_3VAAAUZxM.jpg

These were sketches of the supposed costumes. Again I'd if it's  accurate but they have them correct for the ones we've seen and the missing gold dress and the missing black lace number we never got to see that was on E news. Maybe the blue ended up being the nude one.1aa68750815d908607c7d3e912aabbfd.jpg

All of this stuff leads me to believe there is even more missing and filming was not going well fromantic jump. This stuff is also why I don't believe there is a fully finished video in existence.

3 hours ago, Cuteney said:

His stans in here will come for you sis :drinky:

This! 

I've actually thought for awhile now that it's David's fault we don't have the video and what this insider said makes total sense 

7 minutes ago, YouFoundAmy said:

We're missing the bulldozer scene and her wearing the Gown as well as some other costumes. There was another "insider" rumor that Britney was running someone over with the bulldozer and that's why she's covered in blood in the cage. Who knows though? 

Missing Golden gown/house scene missing get black lace in video set w/E news.

CkFw-ZPWEAA_h8h.jpg britney-spears-make-me-interview.jpg

Missing Bulldozer/destroyed  house

13307429_1260545267320462_94196576853711Britney-Spears-video-make-me-ooh.jpg

Missing Hot model guy?

britney-spears-films-music-video-for-new

I think this guy was supposed to be featured. Maybe the bf? Remember she also went out to sushi w/him on her IG? This looks it could  be him again w/her and DLCCkEzQ_3VAAAUZxM.jpg

These were sketches of the supposed costumes. Again I'd if it's  accurate but they have them correct for the ones we've seen and the missing gold dress and the missing black lace number we never got to see that was on E news1aa68750815d908607c7d3e912aabbfd.jpg

All of this stuff leads me to believe there is even more missing and filming was not going well fromantic jump. This stuff is also why I don't believe there is a fully finished video in existence.

even though in reality its only a video, and music video is supposed to push the limit,  if the scene is that extreme i understand if she doesn't wanna release it. but girl if she doesn't start releasing another video soon the song will officially be dead. and yeah i believe its unfinished too that means if RCA still want to use the original video they have to kiss david's *** one way or another. or sue the **** out of him until they get it. its a one old man vs a HUGE record label and superstar after all :lollistare:

Yet all the fans are blaming Britney and their team when the video didn't come out... Hopefully they work it out, we prob won't see G-Eazy's *** scene in full and, if this doesn't work, hopefully they sue his *** down.

I truly believe this because David is a HUGE diva.

3 hours ago, If U Seek Me said:

Can't Britney's Team sue itself instead? :orangu:

Even if LaChapelle is in the wrong, he is not the one who released the garbage that is now on her VEVO channel. :beynah:

(I wish Team Britney would talk to us. I am tired of all these "insiders" posts/tweets). :crying1:

Some fans are so damn... Seriously, be happy that they released a video. Another team would have scrapped the whole thing instead of putting up investment again knowing that they already had a million dollar production behind the first one.

Look at the end of the day, Record Labels can't survive on album sales alone anymore. Digital downloads have changed the face of how they generate income. Save for a few Artists such as, Adele who have been able to sell enough albums to send their Labels singing all the way to the bank, the majority of Artists & Labels have to rely on touring, advertising & various other ventures for their bread and butter. Therefore, unless the current climate changes, there will probably always be product placement in music videos & let's face it (if done correctly) product placement need not necessarily distract from the song & its visuals. In fact, advertising can even work to complement a music video in some cases. Work ***** had a ton of product placement but it wasn't so "in your face" I feel. Lachapelle's version also appears to do a better job of merging the advertising into the MV. I think we can all agree the current video failed miserably at this to the extent that it comes across as one giant commercial for EOS, BMW and Orangetheory Fitness.

That tv still works well underwater, even after being thrown from upstair

:drinky:

Archived