BEYONCE MIGHT DROP AN ALBUM TWO DAYS AFTER BRITNEY

John Stebs

4 minutes ago, button said:

For songs, it is not known as Billboard never revealed but it's something like 120 streams=1 sale, that's why One Dance was not moving from the top spot on the Hot 100. 

For albums: It's definitely 1500 song streams=1 album sale and it's called a Stream Equivalent Album(SEA), there is also the TEA(track equivalents) rule which accounts a number of digital track sales as one album sale(10 I believe). Sum them (TEA and SEA) with real album sales and you have the total points for the Hot 100 position. 

By the way, I think for the SEA rule, they consider both the total song streams and the full-album streams. Take for example Britney's Glory. During the release weak, Make Me is streamed 20k times, Private Show and the rest of the tracks 15k times. Glory has 185k total streams. 

Let's also suppose Glory was streamed from start to finish 10k times. These are also counted. 195k/1500=130 SEA.

Let's suppose the sum of all digital sales from Glory that week is 100k. 100k/10=10000 TEA.

If Glory sells 100k pure copies, that's 110130 album equivalents. :surething: 

I hope I was clear, correct me if I'm wrong. Of course I'm not being realistic, Glory will get a lot more than 195k streams! Right Army??? :crying2:

I get it now. Lord I hate streaming. 

It will if Spotify for a laptop doesn't shuffle ****. 

Its so annoying making playlists for make me a billion times. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, button said:

For songs, it is not known as Billboard never revealed but it's something like 120 streams=1 sale, that's why One Dance was not moving from the top spot on the Hot 100. 

For albums: It's definitely 1500 song streams=1 album sale and it's called a Stream Equivalent Album(SEA), there is also the TEA(track equivalents) rule which accounts a number of digital track sales as one album sale(10 I believe). Sum them (TEA and SEA) with real album sales and you have the total points for the Hot 100 position. 

By the way, I think for the SEA rule, they consider both the total song streams and the full-album streams. Take for example Britney's Glory. During the release weak, Make Me is streamed 20k times, Private Show and the rest of the tracks 15k times (12 tracks in total). Glory has 185k total streams. 

Let's also suppose Glory was streamed from start to finish 10k times. These are also counted. 195k/1500=130 SEA.

Let's suppose the sum of all digital TRACK sales(Make Me, PS,Man on the Moon...)  from Glory that week is 100k. 100k/10=10000 TEA.

If Glory sells 100k pure copies, that's 110130 album equivalents. :surething: 

I hope I was clear, correct me if I'm wrong. Of course I'm not being realistic, Glory will get a lot more than 195k streams! Right Army??? :crying2: If she can get 60M streams somehow that's 40k Stream Equivalents. :OMGney:

It's 150 streams for one sale when it comes to singles. :bigkiss: 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

I get it now. Lord I hate streaming. 

It will if Spotify for a laptop doesn't shuffle ****. 

Its so annoying making playlists for make me a billion times. 

What did you mean? I have Spotify on my laptop and you will not need to make Playlists! Glory will hopefully be available on Spotify in full, you will just have to go on the Glory Spotify page, click on the first track and click on the repeat button in the bottom right. When the final track ends, it will start over again. Is it different on your phone or smth?

Keep it up all night, OK????? :)

Just now, Kisle said:

It's 150 streams for one sale when it comes to singles. :bigkiss: 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6320099/billboard-200-makeover-streams-digital-tracks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Hot_100

I CTRL+Fed 150 I didn't get anything. You sure? It's definitely something like 150 anyways. :bigkiss:

1 minute ago, button said:

What did you mean? I have Spotify on my laptop and you will not need to make Playlists! Glory will hopefully be available on Spotify in full, you will just have to go on the Glory Spotify page, click on the first track and click on the repeat button in the bottom right. When the final track ends, it will start over again.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6320099/billboard-200-makeover-streams-digital-tracks

I CTRL+Fed 150 I didn't get anything. You sure? It's definitely something 150 anyways. :bigkiss:

Well 90% sure, someone corrected me on it. But I've been wrong! Lol :)

WAIT IM LYING. I googled it after and yeah, it's 150 for singles.

2 minutes ago, button said:

What did you mean? I have Spotify on my laptop and you will not need to make Playlists! Glory will hopefully be available on Spotify in full, you will just have to go on the Glory Spotify page, click on the first track and click on the repeat button in the bottom right. When the final track ends, it will start over again. Is it different on your phone or smth?

I CTRL+Fed 150 I didn't get anything. You sure? It's definitely something like 150 anyways. :bigkiss:

Like I can't listen to say FF because it shuffles to other tracks from different albums. I can't pick and choose but I heard that isn't the case when you download it on a laptop? 

1 hour ago, LBoggie said:

If she does this release, she'll be the one looking like a snake as Britney's album has already been announced. Plus, I think Beyonce genuinely likes Britney so I don't think she'll do this. She'll probably wait a few weeks. 

Yea Beyoncé likes Britney. Whis is why i will never know why the 2 fanbases clash:yaknow:

Just now, TripInTheZone said:

Yea Beyoncé likes Britney. Whis is why i will never know why the 2 fanbases clash:yaknow:

We will see if that is true the day of the VMA. :NYnod:

I never buy into this "celebrities liking other celebrities" stuff,  I mean it's just talk. It's not like she can say she doesn't like her. :lollistare:

I don't fully believe these rumours but love is definitely not the reason to dismiss them. 

I think these rumors might be true. One of her biggest fansites, who are also supposedly insiders, also hinted last month that Bey has a surprise at the VMA's this year. 

Let's pray that after they release on the night of the VMAs that they will do a Tidal Exclusive for a few days. If they don't do this, Glory will definitely not be debuting at #1 :wendycry:

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Like I can't listen to say FF because it shuffles to other tracks from different albums. I can't pick and choose but I heard that isn't the case when you download it on a laptop? 

Yes, spotify on laptops doesn't have that shuffle ****. You won't have to make a bunch of playlists and etc. Just download it and try it. You'll love it.

Archived