Has RiRi Past Britney? Rihanna VS Britney

IconicShow

4 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Most streamed music is still an accomplishment tho idk why you're so pressed lmao and she's climbing to having more #1's then a lot of "legends" 

She did bring in the trend of dancehall being mainstream and poppy, no one has that Rihanna voice sweetie.

And fashion icon because the gods decided to bless her with the perfection of a body that resembles those of a model so that she can w.e the **** she wants. :madonna::madonna:

LMFAOOOOOOO

You're aware dancehall and reggae music has been around and popular for much much longer than Rihject has right?

Bob Marley & The Wailers, Shaggy, even Britney and Beyoncé have dabbled in dancehall and reggae music and had success in the mainstream market long before Rihject sucked **** for that record deal in that hotel room in 2005 because we all know she didn't score a deal with this

Keep reaching and stay delusional though :madonna:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BreatheOnMoi said:

She's a chameleon anyways, she can do dancehall, rock, EDM, soul, R&B, pop and be successful at all of it. She did resurge the interest in dancehall being poppy and mainstream is what I meant tho, but you wanna be delusional.

Ain't nobody have to sound like Whitney Houston to have a lustrous career. At least she shows up on stage and hits the notes she needs to and keeps people interested in her.

Keep pretending like you don't bop to Needed me, flop :madonna:

I have Rihanna music in my iTunes. Doesn't mean she's a legend though.

Where's the receipts she "reinvorgorated" dancehall? There's many other dancehall reggae artists from her time that were popular sis, look at Sean Paul still having a #1 single in 2016.

And? Many pop divas are chameleons. Madonna, Britney, Beyonce, Mariah. All have incorporated those styles of music.

Sorry. :queenflopga: 

i really don't see the point of comparisons tbh. some of you claim the gp is not interested in Britney and that she's flopping, well Rihanna will be in the same spot when she's 20 years into her career. Only time will tell if she becomes a legend and remembered for her contribution to music as much as Britney is. I do hope she keeps doing well because she's really the only likable pop star out there apart from Britney :brityes:

Till then though, Britney will remain unbothered as the princess of pop :drinky:

Britney paved the way for a number of pop stars in her generation when she first came out and carried that influence to this pop generation. With that, she has also created innovative sounds throughout her career, which lots of artists attempted to follow. She was the youngest artist to have her single and album debut at number 1 at the same time, she's sold over a million copies of an album in one week and held that record for many years, and she's remembered as one of the most successful comebacks, just to name a few of her iconic moments that has stamped Britney's status as a legend/icon. 

Rihanna is very successful with her singles, but she hasn't really made any notable marks or contributions in the music industry to say that's she's in the icon level. Also, yes she's considered a "fashion icon" and wears all of these amazing clothes, but what sets her aside from actual models like GiGi, Kendall, etc? She's successful at what she does and the projects she commits to, but in whatever field it may be, there are always girls or other celebrities that are better than her or are more well-known than her, so she never really is the #1 celebrity in music, acting, fashion, etc. She's just sort of part of the crowd and can easily be forgotten when a bigger celebrity comes around or is discussed. 

I actually love Rihanna (except when she was smirking during 2007 VMA....hmmmm I'll try to forget that :whitneyshade:) but I don't find her iconic at all, especially nowhere near on the level of Brit. Britney dominated the late 90s and early to mid 00s without a competitor anywhere near in sight to rival her dominance whereas Rihanna has shared the stage with people like Gaga, Beyonce, Bieber, T Swift and Katy Perry. I like a lot of her music and especially the new one I really like but a lot of them have been pretty forgettable, I had NO idea she had already released 8! I even remember on the Australian X Factor (but back in 2013, but still) a competitor did a Rihanna song for legends week and Ronan Keating (because he's such an authority lmao) said when he thought legends he didn't think of Rihanna. :truthtea:

Rihanna is much more successful when it comes to singles and streaming, she's the current mainstream mega superstar that this generation adores.

Britney on the other hand, is a legend. Rihanna would not exist if it wasn't for Britney.

Britney may not have the same stats as Rihanna, but she has left an incredibly larger impact.

Memorable performances, videos, events, singles, etc.

Oops, BOMT, and Toxic alone are more iconic than Rihanna's entire discography.

You can't discredit Rihanna though since she is statistically a BEAST right now when it comes to streams (which are what matters).

:mhm:

Neither of them are legends tbh as a stan I guess I could say Britney is one but honestly she needs to prove herself one more era. 

Britney is still more iconic and memorable tho, but Rihanna is getting there and it wouldn't surprise me if she surpasses Britney in the near future. 

britney - 100 million albums sold
rihanna - 35 million albums sold

britney = six (out of eight) #1 albums on the bb 200
rihanna = two (out of eight) #1 albums on the bb 200

britney - youngest recipient (in music) of a star on the hollywood walk of fame at age 20, 4 years into her career
rihanna - still waiting for her own star 11 years into her career

britney - countless iconic performances (incl. 5 VMA-performances)
rihanna - one memorable award show performance... feat. britney

britney - iconic pop legend
rihanna - superstar

and the list goes on and on and on, but you get the point.

23 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

I legit forgot and lost interest halfway into what we were talking about, not even gonna lie. I just started going through the motions and writing back to you just for the **** of it, to get you riled up. 

Rihanna is #1 and will always be #1.

Mad? Write me a paragraph 

giphy.gif

She's a flop and you'll deal with the pity, delusion and stay pressed. Bye now floppy. :Arianabye:

The thing is Rihanna has done next to nothing iconic or memorable! She hasn't really influenced pop culture! She's just like Katy Perry honestly it's no surprise they're friends.......they just crank out hits, but have nothing but numbers to really show for it because nothing they've done besides a couple songs has made any lasting impact! 

Ya'll are so annoying, Rihanna is a legend in her own right and Britney is a legend in her own right.

The Navy and Army have never fought, we are friendly fanbases. 

Just because Rihanna doesn't have anything memorable in your book, doesn't mean she isn't a successful woman and deserves her success. She's not a snake, she's not a fake, she doesn't give a **** what people think she does HER own thing. That is why she has stood the test of time.

And ya'll petty with that bullshit that she has no memorable songs. Umbrella and We Found Love are just as popular as BOMT or Toxic. The videos maybe not but who cares not everyone has to be like Britney ya know. 

And additionally: Rihanna hardly seeks to be some pop phenomenon.

Archived