22 years ago Christina Aguilera released “Stripped”

22 years ago Christina Aguilera released “Stripped”, her 4th studio album.

• The album was nominated in several categories during the 2003 and 2004 GRAMMYs, with "Beautiful" winning the Best Female Pop Performance category.
  • It debuted at number #2 on the Billboard 200 with 330,000 copies sold, and received five-fold platinum certification by the RIAA.

source: telegram group "Pop Room"

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1

The most iconic pop album of the 00's, yes i said that. It's like one of the albums that Janet made but with a more pop and 00's touch. Infatuation and Get Mine Get Yours are the most pop.
Make Over is the most bizarre (I would say the worst, it's like the Bubblehead on the album).
There are songs like Walk Away or Impossible that if have been released as singles before Can't Hold Us Down or The Voice Within would be classics today.

Edited by descg
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

4th album? 

Mi Reflejo, Christmas and Just Be Free (demos that she did it when she was 15 years old and that she did not authorize it, even the producers promised her that they would never release that music).
For me is the third because half of the Mi Reflejo album are new songs.

7 minutes ago, Fita said:

I used to love that song and video.

I like it but my favorites songs from that album are What Are You Waiting For?, Luxurious and Long Way to Go (social theme lyrics about mixed race relationship by the way).

Edited by descg
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

In the Zone, Blackout, Back to Black and Fever are definitely much more iconic :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Em... Is your opinion. That albums are so iconic. I think Fever is not that iconic (at the same level (and i buy it at the moment and i love it) is more Dance album that a pop album) Back to Back is not even pop... And "adult/alternative" people like more that music... In The Zone have Toxic and Everytime, yes is very iconic (but the promotion wasn't that long like Christina did with Stripped). Blackout have the "nostalgia" thing and is catchy and have Gimme More.
Stripped have videos like Dirrty and Beautiful and she was everywere. 

My favorites albums from the 00's are Missundaztood and Stripped. Songs like Family Portrait, Dear Diary, Soar and Beautiful touched my soul.

Edited by descg
14 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

I love this album,

it should've debuted at 1#.

I wonder what album was.

I don't know but Beautiful wasn't n1 in the Hot 100 Because Lose Yourself of Eminem (in the year end list was more up that that song (even more up that Cry My A River).

24 minutes ago, britisthecolor said:

Walk Away was about Dallas if I'm not mistaken (the best song on the album imo).

No, is by Scott Storch, there is not songs of Dallas in Stripped.

Edit: oh the lyrics about him, I have never thought about it

Edited by descg

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.