What ever happened to Britney x The Weeknd?

I remember there was a rumored collaboration between Britney & The Weeknd for his former series, The Idol. However, I just realized we haven’t heard anything about it for two years now (not even a snippet, if it even exists).

I also recall this photo circling all over social media at the time, which basically confirmed something:

spacer.png

Since then, he’s released a few songs based on the series, including his hit single “Popular,” featuring Playboi Carti, & Madonna — but no Britney collaboration in sight.

I guess what I’d like to know is, has anyone with credibility ever confirmed, or dismantled the song rumors?

I watched idol. It was terrible. And dark. And The Weeknd’s acting is cringe. Im glad Britney didn’t attach her name to it. 

the show feels heavily based off Britney, maybe she was supposed to feature on popular instead of Madonna? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was something Cade planned and shared to create hype and try to coerce Britney to work. Britney probably only wanted to meet the  guy who sings Blinded by the lights:blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Love 1

Pure fanfiction, sweetie! There was never a song recorded.

Britney only kinda 'confirmed' she had shot something for the Idol back in 2021. However, that old TV series footage was scrapped and the entire show was re-shot. Imagine how bad it was, not the mention the toxic production rumors that came out from behind the scenes. Anyway, it was cancelled after season 1 so...

Time to finally move on from this The Weeknd collab BS :jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.