How did you react to Britney’s shaved head at the time?

I wasn't shocked because she shaved her head. I was shocked because of the rumors and photos used. Like the one rumor that she kept saying that she doesn't want people to touch her anymore or something.

Like these photos were very unflattering.

rs_600x600-180217081958-600-britney-spears-21718.jpg?fit=around%7C1200:1200&output-quality=90&crop=1200:1200;center,top3_Britney-shaves-her-head.jpg

Yet she still looked quite beautiful when bald. Honestly, I still don't think it was anything too bad, they just made a massive deal about it. Imagine if a male celebrity did the same thing after having long iconic hair for a long time? No one would bat an eye.

4ef6fc3e90fc88e58e358afe43f4eb7d.jpg

Tbh I'm just a couple years older than her and this is what made me be able to see her as a human going through it. Before that I was indifferent and it wasn't my scene.

I also had a child around the same time with ****ty family dynamics so this is what made it clear that she was struggling to be her own person and the world/family etc wasn't letting her just be. I was pretty angry on her behalf. I had a lot of compassion and wanted them to just let her LIVE. I knew lots of girls with shaved heads in the 90s. She really could have rocked it and open up a whole new avenue in the industry but they just wanted their babydoll. Anyhow, it made me admire her and care for her well-being and independence. 💐

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.