How did you react to Britney’s shaved head at the time?

I saw this comment on a YouTube video and thought it was a really good point of view:

“Shaving her hair, I didn’t see it as an act of courage but rather of desperation. That image, built over years, was attracting unwanted attention, so destroying that image was a way of trying to escape. If she stopped being what others wanted, “if the princess died in the eyes of her consumers”, perhaps she could have peace. This in my view was a tremendous cry of despair that no one heard.”

spacer.png

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Honeymoon said:

I don’t think it would be a good idea for her to do it again :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Why not? 
it’s her owning the past and making it known she’s not ashamed of it. She has a beautiful face that can pull of the shaved head look like Natalie Portman and Doja Cat. 

3 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Why not? 
it’s her owning the past and making it known she’s not ashamed of it. She has a beautiful face that can pull of the shaved head look like Natalie Portman and Doja Cat. 

The issue is not the appearance, but the public reaction. Many already say that she’s crazy just because of her Ig videos, imagine if she shaved her head again? “Britney Spears’ second breakdown”.

1 hour ago, Honeymoon said:

I saw this comment on a YouTube video and thought it was a really good point of view:

“Shaving her hair, I didn’t see it as an act of courage but rather of desperation. That image, built over years, was attracting unwanted attention, so destroying that image was a way of trying to escape. If she stopped being what others wanted, “if the princess died in the eyes of her consumers”, perhaps she could have peace. This in my view was a tremendous cry of despair that no one heard.”

spacer.png

I think she didn't want to be associated with who she was and wanted to be a mother and have a private life. Her family was selfish and literally forced her to do what she didn't want to do. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I thought it was bad àss and wish she would do it again. 

I don't know. Maybe it would help her subconscious to go back to that moment and this time do everything the way she wanted without her family and then move on and close full circle. But we don't know what would happen after that, especially after so many years. 

12 minutes ago, Fita said:

@Honeymoon ai, amiga, acho tão pesado usar/postar essa foto da Brit raspando a cabeça na thumb... imagino como a britney se sentiria mal vendo isso. digo, eu evito, mas já é um pensamento/posicionamento meu. sabe.

Eu tinha colocado pq é o assunto do post, mas vc tem razão. Já mudei pra uma mais discreta.

(Aliás, adorei a sua! ficou parecendo um photoshoot) :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Edited by Honeymoon
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Honeymoon said:

Eu tinha colocado pq é o assunto do post, mas vc tem razão! Já mudei pra uma mais discreta. (Aliás, adorei a sua ficou parecendo um photoshoot) :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

valeu, baby :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy: e obrigado por considerar 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.