Anyone remember that sweet young girl full of Dreams?

This Britney was my entire childhood. So by the time Femme Fatale came out I was grown, going to night clubs and living my adult life. Now when I see current Britney, I don’t recognize the young bubbly, determined girl that wanted her talents to be shown to the world. And that makes me sad but it also feels okay. Because that “Britney” is so intertwined with my childhood. So when I look back at my childhood, I don’t recognize that version of me and it feels like another lifetime ago. And the same way I sometimes miss my childhood, I sometimes miss THAT Britney but it’s life. We just have to move forward and accept this is the now. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

And that makes me sad but it also feels okay. Because that “Britney” is so intertwined with my childhood. So when I look back at my childhood, I don’t recognize that version of me and it feels like another lifetime ago. And the same way I sometimes miss my childhood, I sometimes miss THAT Britney but it’s life. We just have to move forward and accept this is the now. 

:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: 

beautifully said! this made me very emotional…

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Imnotcrazy said:

amy poehler no GIF

I became a fan on circus era cuz that’s when I discover internet, but I did my research and studied Britney from her beginning of her career,  so yeah:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:, I know that (sweet young girl full of dreams) I’ve seen her around :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

but don’t remember her :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

I could say I became a fan of Britney on Circus era too! But I first got to know her songs around 2006.

Edited by Fita

Once upon a time, in a quiet town on an empty street, there was a beautiful magic music box.

And inside the music box lived a girl. A girl so innocent, so pretty, but so alone. And she would sit every day on her pedestal, day and night, and she would dream of the moment when someone would find her.

Someone with a key to the music box. And she would think, someone who would watch me dance forevermore.

And maybe, just maybe, that someone would be my true love. And he would find a way to free me, and show me the whole wide world. And maybe, just maybe, we would live happily ever after.

And so, on that cold winter's night, in that quiet town on that empty street, the girl went back inside her music box, where she continues to wait for her true love.

But she knows deep down in her heart that when the time comes, that he'll find her.

And when he does, he will love her till the end of time.

But until then, a dream will do just fine.

So hold fast to your dreams, my darling. Never lose sight of your dreams.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Fita said:

I could say I became a fan of Britney on Circus era too! But I first got to know her songs around 2006.

spacer.png!!!!!!

We both start our journey trying to get the pieces together and falling in love with an icon going trough a horrible c-ship and way more things, and also  falling in love with herstory when she was a free icon 1999-2006:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.