Katy Perry performs "Roar" / "ET" / "I Kissed A Girl" / "I'm His, He's Mine" ft. Doechii & More | 2024 VMAs

Fita

3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

What about letting this go? I'm sure it's something Katy said lightly with no shade intended. As Myah Marie said, we all said stuff.

“We all said stuff”…what? No we didn’t and she didn’t even say “stuff” when it was 2007/08 when the media was at its highest with Britney. She was saying this just a few years ago, in a time where mental health was being highly talked about, she was a grown woman and just a plain mean person. So no, I’m not going to just let it go.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jordeezy river red said:

It's new pitch correct tech that they use now...it's like live autotune. You can hear it really heavy in Sabrina Carpenter's performance. Avril and Taylor rely on it as well. 

I see. Well that explains a lot of things 

Mixed feelings about it.  Feel it started strong and then just got progressively less interesting. Katy annoys me when she’s collaborating with someone on stage. I feel she’s really cocky and arrogant when someone is with her and I don’t get that vibe when she’s alone on stage. Almost like she’s acting up for them and trying to impress them 

the set only complimented the first two songs too! 

Edited by Britneystanley

The beginning looked really cool, but the wires are really doing the work. I feel like it was sort of a dumb move… you’re obviously gonna get compared to P!nk and she did it much better. Most of the performance it looked like she was going through the motions. The part with Doechii was so cringe… copying WAP and Britney/Madonna/Xtina… when Katy is probably the straightest pop girl out there. I feel like she’s still just using the gay community to seem *cool and edgy*…. But I doubt she’s ever actually even kissed a girl. She had like no s**ual chemistry with her. The outfit is awful too. 

And then the acceptance speech “I did that all on the first day of my period” stop building yourself up for things normal women do all the time. Women have to do their job on their period all the time, you’re not special or impressive. I’m sure literally every female pop star has had to do a concert on their period. It’s just like her trying to brag she created a baby in her body :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Seriously, just stick a fork in her… she’s done. Disappear for a few years and come back as a nostalgia act, and stop working with Dr Luke! 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.