Britney’s GMA “Circus” Performance

circus promo was the best. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: the womanizer pre-recorded/live vocals were very nice... they should have used that for pom like how they used 2003 pre-recorded MATM vocals

The sets!!! I love how they made a circus-accurate stage for this

And her kids were there too!

Edited by PolySpears
  • Love 1

Oh what Eeverrrr with all of these comments :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: To me this is the worst britney perfomance ever. Its so cookie cutter it fukjing hurt back then and it hurts now. Knowing what she is capable of, this is for every amature h.oe in the industry, not Britney level. Its literally todays dua limpa level dancing.

Now its time to move your hips

And now one step forward pls

gurllllll pleaseeee :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Of course its still OKKKKKK but its trash in Britneys scale.

• Love 1

I remember lots of fans were disappointed because she was “low energy”. Watching it now everything was on point. Her moves were so smooth and on time, the production of it being in a 1940s circus tent, all of this was brilliant. Let’s not forget about the amazing Womanizer fire entrance. She commanded that stage. Circus was an amazing era as far as visuals, promo, production, her energy. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 3
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, BuyingCircusTourDMMe said:

I stayed off school to watch this, I lied I was sick lmao and I loved it, I never understood the hate this got at the time. She looked so fire hot 20/10, the staging, styling, hair and makeup were all insane . I was so excited :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

It was definitely a range of emotions for the fans, but I have a newfound appreciation for it today, especially when compared to the eras that came later. You’re right, she looked great.

—& you stayed home just to watch it, that’s dedication! You’re a true fan. :)

11 hours ago, Emil87 said:

I’m not going to lie and say I wasn’t underwhelmed. The thing is, she could have easily transitioned into this style of performing if she started incorporating live vocals. Hell, even prerecorded vocals would have sufficed, just to make the performances more exciting for us.

But looking back now, I think a lot of us were too harsh on her performances, myself included. The fact that she could move at all in the state she was in is a feat in itself.

Right? I’ve always reservedly hoped she’d pre-record her vocals for live performances.

Regardless, we were definitely too harsh on her back then, but we had our valid reasons for it. Think about it, we came from The Onyx Hotel Tour to this —which was a justifiable frustration, I think. However, she did well enough, considering what she was going through. 

I agree with your standpoint.

Edited by DoYouDare?
24 minutes ago, femmef4toole said:

Cannot fault this performance. It’s like she didn’t give 1 fxck but accidentally slayed it anyways.

Oops!… I spilled some talent again amirite!?

Even if she didn't give 1 fxck or if she was just nervous she still had the stage charisma, the moves were still 'britney' if you know what I mean. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Markoct said:

Oh what Eeverrrr with all of these comments :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: To me this is the worst britney perfomance ever. Its so cookie cutter it fukjing hurt back then and it hurts now. Knowing what she is capable of, this is for every amature h.oe in the industry, not Britney level. Its literally todays dua limpa level dancing.

Now its time to move your hips

And now one step forward pls

gurllllll pleaseeee :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Of course its still OKKKKKK but its trash in Britneys scale.

I respect your opinion, but it’s evident this isn’t her worst performance ever, when you compare it to her later eras. Not once did I see her perform “Circus” after this, where I thought she did it better. 

Despite not quite matching up to her prime, she still felt much more lively & exuded more presence. Also, you can’t possibly deem this as “cookie-cutter,” when everything about it screams Britney. It was an individualistic choreography, something she’s known for. We know her potential, but this wasn’t nearly as bad compared to her later eras, which aren’t close to “Britney’s scale.”

Just my opinion, but I get what you mean.

8 hours ago, Prince Ali said:

But back then seeing the Mannequin rehearsal few months earlier and then this.. the meltdowns here were iconic 

We were so led on by that choreography, to never have her perform it, ever. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I actually discussed it in a past thread in case you’d like to read it:

• Like 1
19 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Doing the full breakdown choreo would have elevated the performance. She definitely was able to do it well:

She looked so happy dancing here! I wonder why she stopped dancing altogether during Circus, cause she still seemed to be enjoying herself. I feel like her lack of confidence was the main issue

• Love 1

I’ve always kind of thought there are 4 Britney’s on a sliding scale 

1. Scorching

2. Hot

3. Sizzling

4. Cold 

I feel all up till end of onyx was scorching. Then blackout era the music was wow but the music videos and gimme more at vma we got sizzling. 

since then we got a lot of sizzling at FF era and BJ era and some of it was cold where she clearly didn’t want to be there and then some of POM was cold before it went to sizzling and then Glory era was Hot but we never got to scorching Britney ever again and I don’t think we ever will. That effortless performer from 1998-2004 literally doesn’t exist anymore. 

this performance felt exciting because it was hot and we’d seen sizzling from her for the previous two years  it equally felt disappointing because we were all starting to acknowledge that scorching Britney is no more 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Britneystanley said:

1. Scorching

2. Hot

3. Sizzling

4. Cold 

I feel all up till end of onyx was scorching. Then blackout era the music was wow but the music videos and gimme more at vma we got sizzling. 

since then we got a lot of sizzling at FF era and BJ era and some of it was cold where she clearly didn’t want to be there and then some of POM was cold before it went to sizzling and then Glory era was Hot but we never got to scorching Britney ever again and I don’t think we ever will. That effortless performer from 1998-2004 literally doesn’t exist anymore. 

this performance felt exciting because it was hot and we’d seen sizzling from her for the previous two years  it equally felt disappointing because we were all starting to acknowledge that scorching Britney is no more 

Having said all this I think i forget she’s not 19 anymore 

• Love 1
On 9/9/2024 at 3:56 PM, Britneystanley said:

1. Scorching

2. Hot

3. Sizzling

4. Cold 

Every Britney moment was considerable top-tier, in until the ‘07 VMA’s. From then on, it became very hit-or-miss, but the Circus era has some spark, & that’s what stood out to me the most.

That said, your comment is 👌🏻

• Love 1
On 9/9/2024 at 9:56 PM, Britneystanley said:

1. Scorching

2. Hot

3. Sizzling

4. Cold 

I really enjoyed reading this! 😍

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.