The song "Gimme More" turns 17 years old

So a baby born in that tumultous Britney's life period is now 17 yo today. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

It was released on august, 31 and it was another of lead Britney's singles that was different from the bubblegum pop sound and edgier like the ones from other eras like Slave and MATM.

Here's a little passage of Britney talking about Blackout and its recording back then:

The album was a kind of battle cry. After years of being meticulous, trying to please my mom and my dad, it was my time to say “F-U-C-K you.” I quit doing business the way I always had before. [...]

Blackout was one of the easiest and most satisfying albums I ever made. It came together really fast. I would go into the studio, be in there for thirty minutes, and leave. That wasn’t by design—it had to be fast. If I stayed in one place for too long, the paparazzi outside would multiply like I was a cornered Pac-Man being chased by ghosts. My survival mechanism was to get in and get out of studios as fast as possible.

When I recorded “Hot as Ice,” I walked into the studio and there were six gigantic guys in the room with me, sitting there. That was probably one of the most spiritual recording moments of my life, being with all those guys quietly listening as I sang. My voice went the highest it had ever gone. I sang it two times through and left. I didn’t even have to try.

If making Blackout felt good, life was still tearing at me from every different direction. From one minute to the next, everything was so extreme. I needed to have more self-worth and value than I was able to conjure back then. And yet, even though it was a very hard time in just about every other way, artistically it was great. Something about where I was in my head made me a better artist.

I felt an exciting rush making the Blackout album. I was able to work in the best studios. It was a wild time.

[...]

I have a lot of compassion for the woman I was before I was put into the conservatorship, when I was recording Blackout.

How do you feel like when you listen to this song today?

Edited by Fita
  • Love 7

This thread shall NOT be ignored..spacer.png

Happy birthday Slayme More!!

My favorite lead single, and in my top 10 forever. <3 I still remember how it felt my first time hearing it, I was hooked instantly. Drove around town with my best friend for hours, blasting it on repeat at full volume. I was young, wild, and ALIVE baby!

And now look at me, older than dirt..:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

It was such a dark time for her and you could see it in the music video that she had sadness in her eyes but it was such a good song. For me it was kind of like a gift for the fans so I will always appreciate that song and era. I always felt like it was a gift to the fans and I will always treasure it 

• Love 2

I remember the excitement I had when the coolest bop from 2006 was being released. I have listened it non-stop, every day, every month....I just could not get enough. I had an MP3 back then and listened the song there. I was hypnotised. ''Gimme More'' will FOREVER remain ICONIC,just like Brit-Brit herself.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.