Is Britney Receiving The “Global Icon Award”?

These awards are meaningless nowadays and MTV is not even what it used to be when Britney was at her professional peak. MTV keeps making up random awards so nostalgic millennials tune in. Generally speaking, she deserved more awards during her career but for some bizarre reason, she was mostly always snubbed. It's unfathomable that she was nominated 8 times for a Grammy and only won one in a lesser category. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

These awards are meaningless nowadays and MTV is not even what it used to be when Britney was at her professional peak. MTV keeps making up random awards so nostalgic millennials tune in. Generally speaking, she deserved more awards during her career but for some bizarre reason, she was mostly always snubbed. It's unfathomable that she was nominated 8 times for a Grammy and only won one in a lesser category. 

You’re right, she’s had so many iconic songs in the past, & no VMA’s for any of them. Also, “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” was very deserving of a Grammy, & I don’t even think she was nominated. I suppose I was a tad nostalgic on Britney, which influenced me to make this topic —it happens. That said, you made some solid points, & thank you for your honesty.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.