Revlon Says Ex-Workers Stole Britney’s Fragrance Deal

• Content Curators

Filed on Monday the complaint against multiple GBB entities and four former executives of Revlon's fragrance team in the Southern District of New York, alleging that when the executives left Revlon in May, they took not only the Britney Brands business but also a host of its trade secrets

25 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

Someone break this down in pop terms & tell us who we should drag bc I’m tired. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I can only read the article with a subscription, but as I understand it, the Revlon employees who worked on Britney's fragrances stole trade secrets to give to a competitor and violated contracts with Revlon. Who the employees are, no idea...

It may involve violating contracts with the Britney Brands, but I'm not sure Britney is under creative control of anything on her brands.

Last I checked on opencorporates:

James P. Spears (director, president, secretary, treasurer)
https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/34762115D

Edited by PMK
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, PMK said:

I can only read the article with a subscription, but as I understand it, the Revlon employees who worked on Britney's fragrances stole trade secrets to give to a competitor and violated contracts with Revlon. Who the employees are, no idea...

It may involve violating contracts with the Britney Brands, but I'm not sure Britney is under creative control of anything on her brands.

Last I checked on opencorporates:

James P. Spears (director, president, secretary, treasurer)
https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/34762115D

That site is not updated since 2021 so that's why you see Colon's name. 

What Revlon's former employees did was take Britney's deal with them because it was about to expire and offer a better deal for Britney to a competitor. Revlon is mad at this negotiation behind their backs so they're suing 

It's pretty much when a company works with a client but then that client decides not to renew their contract but they offer some of the company's members to come with them so they can keep the same team. Companies hate that but it's business :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Does this confirms Britney doesn't own her fragrances and she doesnt get any money off them? We should boycott them

She hasn't owned the fragrances in years

"It (Revlon) acquired Elizabeth Arden in 2016 in a purchase funded largely by loan..."

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The company has struggled to attract younger shoppers who are choosing celebrity makeup lines like those from Kylie Jenner and Rihanna.

IMO, Revlon acquiring Britney's perfume line cheapened the brand. She should've gone independent with her fragrance line and sell it through her own brand, but of course the conservatorship only cared about making quick money and investing the lease amount of money possible.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

That site is not updated since 2021 so that's why you see Colon's name. 

What Revlon's former employees did was take Britney's deal with them because it was about to expire and offer a better deal for Britney to a competitor. Revlon is mad at this negotiation behind their backs so they're suing 

It's pretty much when a company works with a client but then that client decides not to renew their contract but they offer some of the company's members to come with them so they can keep the same team. Companies hate that but it's business :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Okay, that makes much more sense. Thanks for the breaking down.

Colon's :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Like 2

it's worth noting Britney fragrances seem to be licensed by Give Back Beauty now :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Give Back Beauty currently has license and agreements with Tommy Hilfiger fragrance, Mercedes Benz fragrances, among other brands. Could they be planing to expand her brand into makeup collection as well? :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

Edited by Pablitonizer
  • Love 5
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.