Katherine copies Hold It Against Me for new song

That chord progression has been and will be used thousand other times. It is not unique.

Also melody of first verse of "God Graces" is very reminescent to verse of "Hold It Against Me" but I understand it is not cool to throw **** at Sabrina just like it is at Katy at the moment

Come On Please GIF by NBA

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

That chord progression has been and will be used thousand other times. It is not unique.

Also melody of first verse of "God Graces" is very reminescent to verse of "Hold It Against Me" but I understand it is not cool to throw **** at Sabrina just like it is at Katy at the moment

Why isn’t it cool? Is it because Sabrina is in her “prime”?

Well that is a common chord progression....

And most of Katy's songs do use basic chord progressions so that's not actually the problem I guess. The whole production just seems bland for me. Just my opinion.

But at first I was like 'who's Katherine? And who cares?'. But then it was Katy Perry and I still didn't care that much 🤭

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Kiss my said:

Why isn’t it cool? Is it because Sabrina is in her “prime”?

Chiiiile I dont know. Everybody seems to pretend like she is doing something amazing and unique yet her album sounds like B-sides of Taylor with 2 old Ariana tracks.

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Eternalhouse said:

Well that is a common chord progression....

And most of Katy's songs do use basic chord progressions so that's not actually the problem I guess. The whole production just seems bland for me. Just my opinion.

But at first I was like 'who's Katherine? And who cares?'. But then it was Katy Perry and I still didn't care that much 🤭

THIS!

All the snippets we heard so far sounds so basic and lazy production and lyrics vise.

Like the cheap background songs you hear during reality show scenes.

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

This is not the same. Katy’s is an exact copy and paste. That’s why I included the word copy in the title.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.