Britney is killing Britney Spears - on purpose?

13 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

The funny thing is… if she just stopped posting on Insta and found a tiny village in Ireland to hide out in… people would eventually forget about her. 

She has too much of a love/hate relationship with attention to disappear completely, I imagine. She likes being able to post something and have people care, but at the same time she's too anxious to do anything direct and public right now like an interview or even go live on social media, so the Instagram captions paired with odd repetitive videos are what we get. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

I think we all try too hard to understand her behavior because we hope there's some deeper, nuanced meaning to it. There is no deeper meaning to it than she's just a trashy white girl from Louisiana. She's always been that way, but the guardrails of her industry machine kept it mostly in check. Now she's free to be the quintessential Kentwood girl she has always been lol. The way she airs her private family business on social media, her clothes, the constant vulgarity, the constant nudity, always smoking cigs, the unkept hair, her teeth, all of it screams 'white trash'. 

I come from a super impoverished part of England, I grew up white trash until I had the means to change it. Britney doesn't want to change it, if anything she wants to embrace it, leave her to it.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 4
20 minutes ago, Baronesse said:

She has too much of a love/hate relationship with attention to disappear completely, I imagine. She likes being able to post something and have people care, but at the same time she's too anxious to do anything direct and public right now like an interview or even go live on social media, so the Instagram captions paired with odd repetitive videos are what we get. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

This feels like a if you seek Amy situation no? :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

1 hour ago, kdub87 said:

I think we all try too hard to understand her behavior because we hope there's some deeper, nuanced meaning to it. There is no deeper meaning to it than she's just a trashy white girl from Louisiana. She's always been that way, but the guardrails of her industry machine kept it mostly in check. Now she's free to be the quintessential Kentwood girl she has always been lol. The way she airs her private family business on social media, her clothes, the constant vulgarity, the constant nudity, always smoking cigs, the unkept hair, her teeth, all of it screams 'white trash'. 

I come from a super impoverished part of England, I grew up white trash until I had the means to change it. Britney doesn't want to change it, if anything she wants to embrace it, leave her to it.

But she wasn’t white trashs, she never was even as a little girl she was polished and polite she is the yes sir and mam type of southern girl, her mom is super fancy and she smoked cigarettes, the real her is a sweet and kind person who has a lot of empathy for others

• Like 1
2 hours ago, troubleforyou said:

Other than the book, I don’t think any of these products have her true backing. And the book did many things to try and kill the brand -  revealing the abor**on for starters, and speaking her truth about what happened in the facility. Of course ultimately the brand sells hence the publishers watered down some of the drama.

The abor**on, losing her virginity way earlier than it was sold to the public, smoking from a young age... 

The book was something... :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, kdub87 said:

She’s a council estate rough girl you mean? Money can’t buy you class haha

• Like 1
19 hours ago, troubleforyou said:

I truly believe Britney is doing this deliberately. She is ruining the carefully curated pop star imagine she was famous for - and I believe it’s helping her to realise her future path and deal with the trauma that was inflicted upon her in pursuit of her career.

Any time in the past that she has been able to, she has tried to break away from the version of her that we all claim to be Britney Spears.

She has been a rebel all her life. 2004 - getting married to Jason for 54 hours. Without her family intervention, she has always been this way.

Any time she has exercised her right to be independent, she has tried to mur*** her pop star persona. The Blackout era, the black hair, the nights driving chasing paparazzi - all of it such a far cry from the record label Britney Spears. Her true self lost somewhere between our version of her, controlled and perfected, and a version a million miles away. Anyone watched Chaotic?

Slowly but surely she is digging the knife into Britney Spears. Her instagram is proof of it. The rawness in her posts, the anger, the fashion, the nudity, the vulgarity- all designed to kill the woman her family created for us.

Is this something we need to come to terms with? Is the Britney we knew dead forever; because Britney doesn’t ever want to resurrect her?

The M&Ms HOB residency - such a far cry from her previous endeavour of the Onyx Hotel tour. So many examples of Britney trying to be anything but Britney.

I am torn between accepting this, and accepting that maybe there is a mental health issue at play. Maybe there is both, definitely its none of my business. Britney’s pattern has always been that whenever there is an opportunity to break away from ‘Britney Spears’, she takes it - and runs! This kinda takes guts, and strength. I’m rooting for her always, but I would love for her to channel this creatively. An album narrative of destroying her legacy would be pretty incredible - particularly if she is doing this on purpose. 

Does anyone agree?

I agree with certain parts of what you said but I’m not sure we need to analyze her behavior like this.

Britney isn’t “deliberately killing Britney Spears”. She’s just being the REAL Britney Spears that we never got to see most of the time across the years.

I don’t see why she’d wanna keep that side of her hidden any longer when she technically isn’t even a pop star anymore while her musical career is inactive. She’s showing people who she truly is while also trying to find herself again after losing certain aspects of her identity after being traumatized.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I don’t think she is purposely trying to do anything. I think she is just being who she really is today, full stop. It may come across as “killing” her perfectly polished popstar persona, but it’s really her just being herself after so many years of repressing it.

She was never this perfectly put together Barbie, she played the game bc she knew what she had to do in the industry to mark her legacy…and she did. But she has always been a cigarette smoking, loud, barefoot, country gal at heart. 

I’ll say that the periods that she was most controlled creatively BOMT-Britney; Circus-Glory, she saw the most success bc people love the commercial perfectly polished Britney. The public (and fans) like seeing Britney looking close to perfect bc to many of us, she was. So it’s frightening to see her being so vulgar these days, but it’s who she is now. We either accept it or move on I suppose.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, monalisaney81 said:

I don’t think she is purposely trying to do anything. I think she is just being who she really is today, full stop. It may come across as “killing” her perfectly polished popstar persona, but it’s really her just being herself after so many years of repressing it.

She was never this perfectly put together Barbie, she played the game bc she knew what she had to do in the industry to mark her legacy…and she did. But she has always been a cigarette smoking, loud, barefoot, country gal at heart. 

I’ll say that the periods that she was most controlled creatively BOMT-Britney; Circus-Glory, she saw the most success bc people love the commercial perfectly polished Britney. The public (and fans) like seeing Britney looking close to perfect bc to many of us, she was. So it’s frightening to see her being so vulgar these days, but it’s who she is now. We either accept it or move on I suppose.

I couldn't have said better myself :surprisedney_britney_wow_shocked_surprised:

• Love 1

It's hard to know what she is doing on purpose and what not.

She seems very alienated and if we believe what she writes... she writes one day her content is amazing and show a "perfect life", the next day she will say her videos are made to make people feel uncomfortable.

Mental illness can be a reason for all of this. If that’s the case... most of what she is doing probably are nothing more than delusions, if she is off meds. 

She would have to be very coherent to destroy anything. Her "rebel side" probably is way more than just "rebel" to make a point.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

Maybe I just feel like she’s stabbing her to death like some kinda dramatic voodoo because it’s so different from who she always presented to be.

Look at the woman on Jonathon Ross. Demure; mature, stunning, humble and pure class. It didn’t feel like an act, was there any authenticity to Britney the pop star?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Dark Willow said:

It's hard to know what she is doing on purpose and what not.

She seems very alienated and if we believe what she writes... she writes one day her content is amazing and show a "perfect life", the next day she will say her videos are made to make people feel uncomfortable.

Mental illness can be a reason for all of this. If that’s the case... most of what she is doing probably are nothing more than delusions, if she is off meds. 

She would have to be very coherent to destroy anything. Her "rebel side" probably is way more than just "rebel" to make a point.

It's tricky, isn't it? We can't diagnose her because we're not doctors, but it's clear that there's something wrong with her. A lot has been kept secret and now she's free to show us the results of that silence and the consequences of everything she's been through over the years. If only she had found good support while growing up as a celebrity, things might have been different for her, because in her lucid moments she spoke clearly and there is a sense of responsibility in her actions and will.

It's also revealing to realize how much influence the media had on us while we were growing up. Shaping people according to what they thought was right and giving us a surreal image of idealism. 

It breaks my heart, not just for her, but for all the child stars who lead troubled lives in the public eye. Growing up famous must be an insane experience. Hollywood is full of tragic stories and Britney was one of them. Honestly, it's hard to come out of a situation like hers unscathed.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.