Thoughts On Britney’s BBMA ‘16 Performance

I loved seeing it live forced my mom to watch it! I was 16! It was my first time as a Stan seeing Britney perform at an award show! 

I just rewatched it and it’s just as good if not better! The pop girls in 2024 aren’t bringing it like this even simple hair flips and ****y eye stares look iconic when Britney does it and moves her body to the rhythm!

Edited by Oprah Winfrey.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PrincessAkwa said:

She did amazing, it was iconic.

Knowing what I know now I am not sure SHE enjoyed it and it takes away some of the enjoyment for me as a fan.

They worked her so hard so she could go to Maui and see her kids. That makes me sad.

Um she literally ignored her biggest hits to perform a cover and an album track from 2003 because she felt like it. Pretty sure the whole thing was her idea. She even randomly made an appearance at the kids choice awards just to show off her new body.

So yeah, nobody forced her to do stuff during the glory era 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, troubleforyou said:

They precorded new vocals from the dress rehearsal

From the dress rehearsal? no, for the actual performance to make it seem like she's singing live (something common in the performances).

Edited by descg
2 hours ago, alexbickle said:

Because her kids were more adults and she wasn't afraid of them taking them away. She continued saying no to things (or deciding things) until they put her in that center in 2019 for not doing the Domination show, so no one forced her only to a certain extent.

Edited by descg

The new pre-recorded vocals were so exciting for me. Especially Toxic. 

When she busted out the new choreo for Toxic, I legit collapsed, especially at the spin on the floor with the signature hair flip. 

I wish we got more like this. The VMA performance in comparison was blah

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Oprah Winfrey. said:

I really love when they listed her accomplishments…the only thing I didn’t appreciate is she wasn’t allowed to give a speech and wasn’t given her award on stage. They quickly rushed over the fact that she was given the artist of the millennium award. Beyoncé gave a long speech when she won her award. 

I also think if I remember correctly they gave an even bigger award to Celine Dion who didn’t perform but was allowed to have a long speech about her dead husband…

billboard just used her for ratings

award shows never took her seriously enough tbh she was sadly overlooked her entire career 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, descg said:

From the dress rehearsal? no, for the actual performance to make it seem like she's singing live (something common in the performances).

No. During the dress rehearsal they recorded her mic feed and then edited the audio to play over the track during the live performance hence giving the illusion of a live vocal at times. But her mic was off during the live performance 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, troubleforyou said:

No. During the dress rehearsal they recorded her mic feed and then edited the audio to play over the track during the live performance hence giving the illusion of a live vocal at times. But her mic was off during the live performance 

if you say so...

I don't think of this as an iconic performance. It was memorable, because we all missed her, and this meant we got to see her on stage. But she was pretty rigid, looked very nervous and didn't dominate the stage like she would in her truly iconic performances. I don't see the fire behind her eyes here. Even thought she looks gorgeous, I think the outfit was uncomfortable for her. When I rewatch old Britney performances for the icon that she was, I never, ever watch this one. 

• Like 2
On 8/26/2024 at 11:56 AM, alexbickle said:

Um she literally ignored her biggest hits to perform a cover and an album track from 2003 because she felt like it. Pretty sure the whole thing was her idea. She even randomly made an appearance at the kids choice awards just to show off her new body.

Two albums tracks from 2003, Breathe and Touch.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.