Backstage & Reactions (MTV VMA 2016)

This was a long video from MTV, so I figured it would be nice to cut Britney’s parts from it for the fans to get a glimpse of what happened backstage during the Glory era.

Not my fave performance from her, but she was somehow glowing through all of the cship madness that sadly surrounded her.

Edited by CJMCH
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

That performance was not one of my favorites. It was plain boring. 
Isn’t it weird that when you look at their body language, Britney seems so needy towards Robin. 
And that woman sitting next to her named “ apple” . She kissed her on stage at one of Freakshow performance s in Piece Of Me and she called her best friend. Where was she at her testimony, after CS, during CS? 

She's not apple she's STRAWBERRY 😭

• Haha 2

She really came back alive that year. It was really a sight to behold, but a bit weird looking back, because she was still under the conservatorship. And as we can see here, her dad was still very much in the picture.

I know she said she was in “fake it till you make it” mode throughout her conservatorship, but in 2016 she genuinely seemed to be thriving to me. She looked revitalized and focused, and was passionate about her music and career again. I wonder if they loosened the restraints a bit around this time, giving her a false sense of freedom and hope.

It didn’t last very long, that’s for sure. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, CJMCH said:

This was a long video from MTV, so I figured it would be nice to cut Britney’s parts from it for the fans to get a glimpse of what happened backstage during the Glory era.

Not my fave performance from her, but she was somehow glowing through all of the cship madness that sadly surrounded her.

You did this? Def didn’t wanna sit through two hours of footage, so thank you!! :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 1

Awww I always like to see Cassie behind them... I wonder if Britney talks to her daily, after so long they should ramain friends... 

Britney and Robin relationship was something really curious... she was happy around the witch lol.

The performance was not something to remember, going after the Beyonce medley with a "nothing" performance to promote G Eazy for the most part?

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Emil87 said:

She really came back alive that year. It was really a sight to behold, but a bit weird looking back, because she was still under the conservatorship. And as we can see here, her dad was still very much in the picture.

I know she said she was in “fake it till you make it” mode throughout her conservatorship, but in 2016 she genuinely seemed to be thriving to me. She looked revitalized and focused, and was passionate about her music and career again. I wonder if they loosened the restraints a bit around this time, giving her a false sense of freedom and hope.

It didn’t last very long, that’s for sure. 

Well as she has said in her book, not about that period tho, she has all the resources to get to her best self. She has done so much therapy through the years, she has read many books, she has been in and out for treatment. And she always followed the plan. She has been isolated. Plus she is strong and motivated by nature and she also knows how powerful she is.

I think it was one of those moments that she claimed her power on every level back.

Its always the other people that mess her up because they had power over her.

Plus she knows what is best for herself. U see how many people she cut off from her life the moment she got free, even if the price was to become lonely. She also doesnt get back to work for a reason.

Its just that even tho she knows what to do, she makes some questionable choices now that we all know what I m talking about. Maybe she is aware of the danger and knows how to control it or just... I really dont know.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, The Dream said:

Well as she has said in her book, not about that period tho, she has all the resources to get to her best self. She has done so much therapy through the years, she has read many books, she has been in and out for treatment. And she always followed the plan. She has been isolated. Plus she is strong and motivated by nature and she also knows how powerful she is.

I think it was one of those moments that she claimed her power on every level back.

Its always the other people that mess her up because they had power over her.

Plus she knows what is best for herself. U see how many people she cut off from her life the moment she got free, even if the price was to become lonely. She also doesnt get back to work for a reason.

It’s just that even tho she knows what to do, she makes some questionable choices now that we all know what I m talking about. Maybe she is aware of the danger and knows how to control it or just... I really dont know.

Well said. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

11 hours ago, PolySpears said:

Frankie Grande tho 

and y'all this performance on her yt had all the applause silenced.

Frankie usually annoys tf outta me, but it was kinda cute how hyped he was for Britney’s performance.

Wow, Frankie Grande and the word cute, never thought I’d put that in a sentence together.

• Haha 1

the moment britney sttoped in front that monitor to watch rihanna´s perfomance and that creeps keepin on rushing her got me mad here.

And it was a little bit unconfortable to see the audience reacting to Britney´s perfomance, everybody just staring. I wonder how many of them knew what was happening to her.

Everytime I watch something about her during that time, I put myself in her place and can´t realize how she survived and how she can handle her life nowadays after such trauma and betrayal from those around her. I mean, they tried to killed her several times, its insane

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.