Why wasn't there more "Glory" singles/music videos?

1 hour ago, samwoods321 said:

Every album has a budget, this albums budget got blown on an unreleased music video. Never recovered 

Kinda weird, because even tho the original Make Me music video looked AMAZING, the story line was a total mess (if there's any).  The released one was... what it was, but at least it made "sense" in a way. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

2 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Because they had to make two video's for Make me and the label probably only agreed to pay for 3 video's.

Makes sense. Too bad Glory didn't had it's Glory :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor: it's such a great album, it deserved better and more.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, BritneyWiki said:

Going into this era I really believe Britney wanted to do her best work. She was looking great, sounding great, and seemed passionate about making the album.

I don't think she was given a big enough budget to make another video, and maybe the first two singles weren't as big as expected. 

Also let's be honest, she started dating Sam when she met him on the set of Slumber Party and was enjoying that.

Also with fans she kind of lost a lot of excitement for this era when she scraped the original Make Me video. The VMA performance was good and we were lucky to have it, but it seemed like it wasn't as great as expected since she had to go right after Beyoncé. 

I agree with all you said.

I wonder why did the two singles underperformed? :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, UnusualCammie93 said:

Genuinely would have loved Britney to hook up with Tove Lo, Charli xcx, Alma and more of the underground girlies. They'd have been such an amazing group of people for her to be around.

Yes to Charli xcx and Tove Lo! They would have helped give her more confidence again and some smexy bops! I hope B works with Charli, if B10 is ever released. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

1 hour ago, Alvy said:

Kinda weird, because even tho the original Make Me music video looked AMAZING, the story line was a total mess (if there's any).  The released one was... what it was, but at least it made "sense" in a way. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Makes sense. Too bad Glory didn't had it's Glory :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor: it's such a great album, it deserved better and more.

Yes, this record freaking deserved more. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Like 1

I think it’s interesting. 

If you track Britney’s commercial success post-con you had:

- the hype of the comeback with circus

-  the mainstream dance forward Dr Luke/MM allowing 3 + FF single success 

but all the while people were commenting on her performance and personality being different.

- S+S was a smash again riding the mainstream success, but X factor  again made people concerned

- WB was the most ‘Britney’ a 2013 song could be- but the album failed to hit the mark and she stayed in Vegas for years, selling tickets but not making much of a GP impact

- By the time Glory rolled round it really felt as a fan it was only fans left- her BB medley was great but didn’t grab the GP and any hype was lost because of album delay and video reshoot.

- in 2015 Britney hadn’t really had much GP success since Scream and shout and basically hadn’t done any meaningful promo for an album since 2008 Womaniser promo tour. FF promo was a bust and she didn’t promote BJ outside of stilted interviews.

- Glory is a great Britney fan album- we’ve wanted an Unusual You type direction since 2008. It’s weird, Personal, the most stripped back album she’s released in over a decade at least… but the GP want S+S or work bitxh singles from Britney, not sleepy mid tempos.

- Another issue is Glory songs would be best promoted with live singing or stripped back performances. Her performances of MM/SP/DYWCO are fine, but dated in 2015. lip sync with a simple armogrpahy routine with no real concept beyond being **** to a mid tempo just wasn’t really going to capture the GP.

still love the album and she looked amazing and refreshed during the whole promo process. Would be amazing to see her back to that.

• Like 2

RCA stopped promoting the album way too soon. That’s mainly because RCA and the con team screwed up BIG TIME and fumbled the promotion from the beginning. It’s sad because the hype was there and Britney seemed to have found a spark inside of herself to perform at a high level again. 

Make Me should’ve been released earlier and debuted live during her epic 2016 BBMA’s performance. Unfortunately, they were too busy trying to get G-Eazy on the song (which ruined it in my opinion), because they didn’t think the song was strong enough without a feature. 

And then all the longtime Exhalers will remember the iconic Make Me music video meltdowns. The original music video was teased multiple times in behind-the-scenes pictures and interviews, but then it never came out. The song was released but it went nearly 2 months without a video. FINALLY a music video was released but it wasn’t the one that was teased. Instead, it was a fluffy, stupid, disappointing, Disney-esque video. Naturally, all the fans were confused and angry, and there were even petitions to have the original video released. So the outrage over the music video overshadowed the song itself, resulting in a peak chart position of only #17. 

Then the album was released and the cover was just a screenshot from the 2nd Make Me video. So it looked very cheap and like Britney and the team weren’t really invested in it. 

Slumber Party wasn’t even released until months later after the hype for the album was already dead and it didn’t help at all. 

So that’s why the album didn’t have a more successful run - it all boils down to an incompetent team, bad promotion, the conservatorship, and RCA being stupid. 

• Like 1

RCA stopped promoting the album way too soon. That’s mainly because RCA and the con team screwed up BIG TIME and fumbled the promotion from the beginning. It’s sad because the hype was there and Britney seemed to have found a spark inside of herself to perform at a high level again. 

Make Me should’ve been released earlier and debuted live during her epic 2016 BBMA’s performance. Unfortunately, they were too busy trying to get G-Eazy on the song (which ruined it in my opinion), because they didn’t think the song was strong enough without a feature. 

And then all the longtime Exhalers will remember the iconic Make Me music video meltdowns. The original music video was teased multiple times in behind-the-scenes pictures and interviews, but then it never came out. The song was released but it went nearly 2 months without a video. FINALLY a music video was released but it wasn’t the one that was teased. Instead, it was a fluffy, stupid, disappointing, Disney-esque video. Naturally, all the fans were confused and angry, and there were even petitions to have the original video released. So the outrage over the music video overshadowed the song itself, resulting in a peak chart position of only #17. 

Then the album was released and the cover was just a screenshot from the 2nd Make Me video. So it looked very cheap and like Britney and the team weren’t really invested in it. 

Slumber Party wasn’t even released until months later after the hype for the album was already dead and it didn’t help at all. 

So that’s why the album didn’t have a more successful run - it all boils down to an incompetent team, bad promotion, the conservatorship, and RCA being stupid. 

• Like 1

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I blame RCA. They seemed to only want to release 2 singles for her albums. It happened with Britney Jean too even though Alien should have been a single (and Britney wanted it to be one!). They seem to give up too quickly. I do think Do You Wanna Come Over should have been the 2nd single instead of Slumber Party. Sucks cause Glory probably has the most single-worthy songs out of any of her albums.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I think its cause Slumber Party flopped so hard that her label felt that they didn't need to release more singles.

They shouldn't have given up so quickly, lots of songs debut at the bottom of the hot 100 but with lots of promo, radio plays and streams, it can go up higher and be a big hit.

This album deserved so much more. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.