What was your first reaction to "Womanizer" the song and music video?

I thought the video was nice, very 'Toxic' considering it's Joseph Kahn's work. All of her looks suit her very well and she plays the rolls perfectly.

However I was and am still not the biggest fan of the song, a bit too electro synth-ish for me, and a bit too repetative, with hardly no vocally vocals. But it is a fun song.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I wasn't a huge fan of Blackout, as some may know. Still I liked Break the Ice.

So when Womanizer came out, I was just very happy, I was like THIS is the Britney Spears I fell in love with. THIS is how Britney Spears should look and sound 10 years after her debut, instead of whatever GM or POM were. Circus was really good too.

Too bad it had to come at that cost, and at the time I had no idea what the conservatorship was doing to her, or even what a conservatorship really was.

But going back to the music, I think in general, with Britney, her lead singles always sound weird, like musically speaking they're always so different from what she's done before, and they hardly represent the sound that the rest of the album is gonna have as well. It always takes time for me to digest them, get used to them, but I think Womanizer may have been one of the easiest (besides BOMT and Oops of course).

Edited by PokemonSpears
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

The video is breathtaking. After all she went through, to see her smiling and blonde and healthy in the opening scene in the kitchen was just magnificient. Such an iconic video.

After watching FTR and hearing how she had the concept for a Toxic 2.0 makes me happy that she was allowed such involvement here. It was also cool to see behind the scenes footage of her singing this in the studio recording session.

As usual, too, I always find directors never capture a dance routine well enough in a music video. It’s always too cut up. The choreography seen in the dance studio with Andre looked sooo good, however the video doesn’t do it justice, for me.

The song I’ll always love. I kinda wish the vocal production would’ve been less robotic and real cause it’s a song that can’t really be sung live to the same effect. But regardless, I hear those opening synths and get aroused still.

I really enjoy the dance break remix from the Circus Tour - this whole performance was epic with the police girl outfit and I need the studio version of that remix! Also the X Factor 2008 dance break instrumental was fire too.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

So when Womanizer came out, I was just very happy, I was like THIS is the Britney Spears I fell in love with. THIS is how Britney Spears should look and sound 10 years after her debut, instead of whatever GM or POM were. Circus was really good too.

Too bad it had to come at that cost, and at the time I had no idea what the conservatorship was doing to her, or even what a conservatorship really was.

But going back to the music, I think in general, with Britney, her lead singles always sound weird, like musically speaking they're always so different from what she's done before, and they hardly represent the sound that the rest of the album is gonna have as well. It always takes time for me to digest them, get used to them, but I think Womanizer may have been one of the easiest (besides BOMT and Oops of course).

I cant believe you don't like blackout but you like britney jean :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 2

I loved how she looked after the shaving and everything that happened, the toxic homage, but i still felt like the DANCER britney spears did not came back

and as much as i felt she was fierce dancing freestyle womanizers breakdown on xfactor, it actyally confirmed she wasnt going to do hardcore coreography anytime soon. Circrus Tour re re confirmed it lol

and everything after that 😫

(minus 2016 second primeney 🥲)

3 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

My grandfather loved the song he would sing it around the house and I would love that.  He passed away but I have that memory of him I love. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Aww Jay, I’m sorry for your loss. <3

I agree with you, “Womanizer” is pop perfection. Didn’t love the song at first listen, but it grew on me pretty quickly.

I loved the video right away though! It really felt like our Britney was back! A true return to form. She looked amazing and I loved how she played around with different characters like in Toxic. A high budget video with a great concept was such a welcome change after the messy MVs for Blackout.

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 5
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Princessmimi said:

I loved it!
I thought the song and video were great!

I also thought she looked incredibly beautiful and s.exy here.

Yes. I agree with you, sis. She was glowing in the sauna scenes. She looked incredible. I think it is one of her hottest videos. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Edited by JayTawndre
  • Love 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Eternalhouse said:

I thought the video was nice, very 'Toxic' considering it's Joseph Kahn's work. All of her looks suit her very well and she plays the rolls perfectly.

However I was and am still not the biggest fan of the song, a bit too electro synth-ish for me, and a bit too repetative, with hardly no vocally vocals. But it is a fun song.

I respect your thoughts.

I think it is a fun song as well. 

I love all the looks. Especially the black outfit with the red hair :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Edited by JayTawndre
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I agree. Womanizer and Circus are classic with that signature Britney Spears sound. I love both tracks so much. "Circus" for the win. :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Aww Jay, I’m sorry for your loss. <3

I agree with you, “Womanizer” is pop perfection. Didn’t love the song at first listen, but it grew on me pretty quickly.

I loved the video right away though! It really felt like our Britney was back! A true return to form. She looked amazing and I loved how she played around with different characters like in Toxic. A high budget video with a great concept was such a welcome change after the messy MVs for Blackout.

Thank u 💗 He passed in 2011 along with my mom. I miss them :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Yes, I agree with everything you said. 

• Love 2

The locals will eat this up loool she looked stunning of course for me it was a bit of a diet Toxic.:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: Circus had me more so hyped because it felt different for her and we had actual great choreography!! Circus Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

We should of got a full choreography only video as well that would ate!

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

The locals will eat this up loool she looked stunning of course for me it was a bit of a diet Toxic.:gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: Circus had me more so hyped because it felt different for her and we had actual great choreography!! Circus Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

We should of got a full choreography only video as well that would ate!

The "Circus" video slayed me OMFG :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.