Britney Spears Isn’t Relevant Anymore.

I think we have compassion and affection for what she lived through and for the person she became because, for many of us, she was part of our childhood, adolescence, etc. Sometimes it feels like something is missing.

I will always wish her well and listen to her art wherever I go.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, peacht said:

Well... you seem to care too, you're here lurking and posting since 14 years ago loool 

Not lurking just checked in after a while away. And since she no longer cares about her career it makes me wonder why her fans still do? 14 years ago there was something to invest in as a fan… not anymore.

Just now, Princessmimi said:

Of course she's relevant otherwise she wouldnt be spoken about all over media outlets like TMZ.

She's been famous for 26 years, that isn't gonna go away just cause she isn't making music anymore.

Yes she’s talked about… but never for anything positive. TMZ only post negative content about her because there nothing positive to say.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

Yes she’s talked about… but never for anything positive. TMZ only post negative content about her because there nothing positive to say.

Yeah but your thread says she's not relevant, she still is if she's being reported on media outlets even for her bizarre behavior.

MJ and Whitney Houston were both treated the same in the media before their deaths, did that make them irrelevant?

• Love 2
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

Not lurking just checked in after a while away. And since she no longer cares about her career it makes me wonder why her fans still do? 14 years ago there was something to invest in as a fan… not anymore.

Girl, you're always here commenting stuff lol 

If you deemed Britney as an irrelevant person you would have just moved on without a care.

• Love 1

She’s not totally inactive on the career front. She released music not that long ago, then there’s the book and the upcoming biopic.

Besides, a lot of us are not only fans of her music, we are fans of her as a person. Some of you are neither.

But assuming you’re here because you’re a fan as well, maybe you can answer your own question?

• Love 3
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

Yeah but your thread says she's not relevant, she still is if she's being reported on media outlets even for her bizarre behavior.

MJ and Whitney Houston were both treated the same in the media before their deaths, did that make them irrelevant?

mj and Whitney ere always treated like that way longer before their death lol 

Britney since day one, lmao

1 minute ago, Princessmimi said:

You just compared her to two people whose lives turned tragic and died horribly. Relevant means important currently… she’s not currently important. 

Just now, Crayboy said:

She isn't musically relevant, nor in pop culture.

BUT, she IS Britney Spears, THE. On a MJ level of cultural immortality.

Whatever project she does will be critically acclaimed. The book, Elton feature, and now the movie.

If she wanted relevancy, it would not take her much to truly get it.

She is still always musically relevant and relevant in pop culture even if she doesn't do **** lol 

Talk about relevancy, no one can reach her level without any promo 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

You just compared her to two people whose lives turned tragic and died horribly. Relevant means important currently… she’s not currently important. 

I'm saying that when they were alive, were they not relevant cause they weren't making music in their later years?

Britney Spears is a name that will never go away, she will always be considered a legend.

Its just Britney's IG antics that make her seem like she's not relevant when she still is.

Many people are obsessed with her. They don't accept that she is a person like everyone else. They would like her to do what they would like. They would like to control Britney like a sims.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, peacht said:

mj and Whitney ere always treated like that way longer before their death lol 

Britney since day one, lmao

I brought them up as an example of two singers who were deemed "not relevant" anymore in pop culture while simultaneously being trashed by the media 24/7 up until their deaths.

I'm saying that when they were alive, were they not relevant cause they weren't making music in their later years?

Britney Spears is a name that will never go away, she will always be considered a legend.

Its just Britney's IG antics that make her seem like she's not relevant when she still is.

To fans she is Britney Spears… to the average person she’s just crazy… and I don’t say that to be mean it’s just true. The real world sees her differently than her fans … and they’re not wrong.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.