Unpopular Opinion: I still don't like "Hold Me Closer" by Elton John & Britney. Do you guys still enjoy it?

Exhale loved this song the moment even the demo came out, before the official version. I remember. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

I didn't see too many negative threads about the track.

a3511759821_10.jpg

I'm looking back at the song 2 years later... 

I still don't care for this song. Sorry, but I'm being real. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

It's just very lackluster and it goes nowhere. The demo was tolerable because it had more of Britney's vocals in my opinion. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

And what was that "music video" that was released? It was cheesy, random,  and unwatchable. I can see what they were trying to do artistically but it seems awkward to me. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

What do YOU think about the song 2 years after it's release? 

Sound off...

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

I like the song generally but some parts just stick out and I don't like that, I prefer the remixes

The music video was a bit confusing and made me think Morgan Freeman was in it... the remix mv at least paid homage to Britney and Elton

I've heard remixes that were more fun as well that I liked. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

3 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

It definitely could've been a lot better. It was tame and safe. :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

exactly and that bothers me more than the song - cause the song is ok, but the fact that you get Britney and Elton together and they didn’t give 100,000% is just ridiculous… like this doesn’t always happen..

and that is probably Elton’s best song

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JayTawndre said:

Exhale loved this song the moment even the demo came out, before the official version. I remember. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

I didn't see too many negative threads about the track.

a3511759821_10.jpg

I'm looking back at the song 2 years later... 

I still don't care for this song. Sorry, but I'm being real. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

It's just very lackluster and it goes nowhere. The demo was tolerable because it had more of Britney's vocals in my opinion. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

And what was that "music video" that was released? It was cheesy, random,  and unwatchable. I can see what they were trying to do artistically but it seems awkward to me. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

What do YOU think about the song 2 years after it's release? 

Sound off...

It's too much reverbed :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I prefer unmastered rough vocals.

• Like 2

I was obsessed when it came out, I knew it would be a hit with radio and the GP

of course the demo is far superior in terms of hearing Britney’s vocals more on the record.

I hardly listen to it anymore but still enjoy it 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.