Britney's biopic might be a musical. Would you prefer it this way? Do you think it will be one?

[The chosen producers for the biopic] Chu and Platt recently worked together on the upcoming movie version of the "Wicked" musical, which stars another pop star in Ariana Grande.

That background is interesting because when asked if the Britney biopic will be a musical like Elton John's "Rocketman," our sources pointed to Chu and Platt being fresh off "Wicked" ... and it being a musical. Interesting considering there are reports they snagged the music rights to Britney's catalog as well. So, you can draw your own conclusions, we suppose.

WWW.TMZ.COM

Britney Spears' life is ready for the big screen ... because her bestselling memoir is on track to be turned into a biopic.

Edited by Fita

I would hate it being a musical. I'm a fan of old school musicals (Grease, the OG West Side Story, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz), but, and maybe it's just me, but I see them as movies with musical segments, which I know doesn't make sense, since that's basically what a musical is. Like they feel like a movie to me, not a musical, per se. It's hard to explain. I would cringe watching her biopic and it's a musical.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Fita said:

[The chosen producers for the biopic] Chu and Platt recently worked together on the upcoming movie version of the "Wicked" musical, which stars another pop star in Ariana Grande.

That background is interesting because when asked if the Britney biopic will be a musical like Elton John's "Rocketman," our sources pointed to Chu and Platt being fresh off "Wicked" ... and it being a musical. Interesting considering there are reports they snagged the music rights to Britney's catalog as well. So, you can draw your own conclusions, we suppose.

WWW.TMZ.COM

Britney Spears' life is ready for the big screen ... because her bestselling memoir is on track to be turned into a biopic.

Why would you post TMZ here? Also f tmz for purposely using a bad blurry pic of her

I think they could adapt the book with music segments. Kinda how Rocketman used Elton’s music. It could also go the Star is Born route where the musical aspect is the music she created… but her performances are so iconic. I can’t see anybody recreating them successfully. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.