Britney announces new biopic with Oscar-winning producer Marc Platt

I'm excited but I don't know what to expect.

One thing I really hope is that this biopic goes in a minimum, acceptable true storyline. I don't want Britney to be portayed as a saint/martyr and 2007 CAN'T be erased from this.

2007/2008 was a culmination of everything that happened in her life prior to that - and what led to her conservatorship. 

I hope Britney is happy and everything goes well.

• Love 1

She hated the documentaries 

She couldn’t be the narrator to her audio book 

She regretted writing the book 

She attacked Halsey for her music video 

She thinks her instagram is perfect 

She doesn’t like sharing anything she thinks will make her look bad 

She doesn’t like how the media relives her struggles 

yet she’s willing to have a movie about her life to be watched by millions as she’s dealing with her own trauma and mental health. 

Make it make sense. I worry for her life tbh, this will be heavy for her to handle.

but I get the fact that she wants the money and rights when she’s alive than having them do this after she’s gone. Nonetheless I hope this movie comes out in 2027-2028 and is a fluff piece 

Edited by devilsadvocate
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

She hated the documentaries 

She couldn’t be the narrator to her audio book 

She regretted writing the book 

She attacked Halsey for her music video 

She thinks her instagram is perfect 

She doesn’t like sharing anything she thinks will make her look bad 

She doesn’t like how the media relives her struggles 

yet she’s willing to have a movie about her life to be watched by millions as she’s dealing with her own trauma and mental health. 

Make it make sense. I worry for her life tbh, this will be heavy for her to handle.

but I get the fact that she wants the money and rights when she’s alive than having them do this after she’s gone. Nonetheless I hope this movie comes out in 2027-2028 and is a fluff piece 

I don't expect it to arrive until 2027 tbh. Unless Universal wants to keep the musical slot of November as following:

Wicked (November 22, 2024)

Wicked Part 2 (November 26, 2025)

The Woman In Me (November 2026)

On 8/1/2024 at 1:11 PM, Style. said:

Universal Pictures has landed the rights to Britney’s massive bestselling memoir, The Woman in Me. Jon M. Chu, whose Wicked is about to be released through the studio, is attached to develop to direct. Oscar-winning producer Marc Platt, his collaborator on Wicked and the producer of La La Land is also attached. A source puts the rights deal in the eight figures, with rights to Britney's vast music catalog as part of the arrangement.

Britney shared news of the “secret project” with fans on social media, writing that Platt has “always made my favorite movies.”

The Woman In Me has sold over 2.5 million copies in the United States alone, was critically acclaimed, and became the fastest selling in Simon & Schuster's history, and hit #1 on the New York Times’ bestseller lists in all formats: audio, hardcover and ebook.

Was this the diamond project?! Or is there something new to follow??? magnifying glass GIF by Yura Yunita

The Woman In Me has sold over 2.5 million copies in the United States alone, was critically acclaimed, and became the fastest selling in Simon & Schuster's history, and hit #1 on the New York Times’ bestseller lists in all formats: audio, hardcover and ebook.

success

On 8/1/2024 at 12:25 PM, DiamondCircus said:

I thought that too, she gonna be like I was hacked or Cade got the info wrong. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

On 8/1/2024 at 12:24 PM, DiamondCircus said:

If it is a documentary I wonder if Paul will be making a cameo or special appearance?

Who is Paul Richard Soliz? Meet Britney Spears' boyfriend

On 8/1/2024 at 12:20 PM, DiamondCircus said:

Sounds like another quick cash grab to me.

Cardi B's photoshoot outtakes leak - Page 3 - Celebria - ATRL

On 8/1/2024 at 12:14 PM, DiamondCircus said:

Another cash grab?

:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

gurl, you are acting like a hater, 4 post in the first page?  you are annoying. 

On 8/1/2024 at 1:21 PM, Gypsy Woman said:

Britney: "I hear about people wanting to do movies about my life... Dude I'm not dead! Although it's pretty ******* clear they preferred me dead... I guess my family is going to lock their doors now."

Also Britney: "Excited to share with my fans that I've been working on a secret project with #MarcPlatt. He’s always made my favorite movies … stay tuned"

Oh Britney...and you wonder why half the public doesn't take you seriously.

this is before the book, are you ok?

Just NOPE!

Zero excitement about all this B$h1t, does she feel so d3ad to accept a movie in her 40s? Without trying to improve herself and get out of her loop of misery? It seems that the end of this new "woman in me" saga will have a worse ending than her own "old pass tragedy" life.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.