Britney's Choreographer: Brian Friedman's student

Brian Friedman is one of Britney's long time choreographers. These are some super technically gifted students he is working with....

I'd still rather watch Britney's IG videos, because to quote Brian:  "I want to see the sparkle"

Britney is MAGNETIC. Feel free to tell my why I'm wrong or don't Relaxing Happy Sunday GIF by Markpain

• Love 2

The Femme Fatale era showed the limits of Brian Friedman, i like him a lot, but he didn't manage to adapt his dance style to Britney, who from the start brought sensuality to the dance. Brian's choreography is becoming more and more robotic and jerky, perhaps lacking subtlety, yes there is a lot of speed, but what about the emotion? Fuentes was one of those who knew Britney's body and desires the best, especially her major inspirations like Janet, he played with her body, with often emphasized fluidity, technique, and theatricality. I mean, Britney has lost the desire, and it's not 100 abrupt movements in 7 seconds (like did you see how fast I can dance) that will make her want to, quite the opposite. :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

• Love 6
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Agyness said:

The Femme Fatale era showed the limits of Brian Friedman, i like him a lot, but he didn't manage to adapt his dance style to Britney, who from the start brought sensuality to the dance. Brian's choreography is becoming more and more robotic and jerky, perhaps lacking subtlety, yes there is a lot of speed, but what about the emotion? Fuentes was one of those who knew Britney's body and desires the best, especially her major inspirations like Janet, he played with her body, with often emphasized fluidity, technique, and theatricality. I mean, Britney has lost the desire, and it's not 100 abrupt movements in 7 seconds (like did you see how fast I can dance) that will make her want to, quite the opposite. :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

I agree with you. Fuentes seemed to pump her up and acted as a buffer. Their dynamic in off the record is super telling. His loss must surely be felt.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, theodoritasenorita said:

I agree with you. Fuentes seemed to pump her up and acted as a buffer. Their dynamic in off the record is super telling. His loss must surely be felt.

Look at her, she's dancing and smiling, that says it all. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Agyness said:

Amen. Having worked with Friedman, I can testify to his limitations. He is extremely fast and precise, but can not adapt easily and successfuly to other styles.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bigno said:

Amen. Having worked with Friedman, I can testify to his limitations. He is extremely fast and precise, but can not adapt easily and successfuly to other styles.

Interesting u worked with him. Yes in his style he is very good. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

He's not a good choreographer tbh, he was good in a team with wade and more choreographers that Britney had. 

He is very diva/drama queen and problematic. I will never forget that he was responsible for all the hate Britney received during the FF era when he said that Britney didn't want to do a choreographed move saying "I'm a mom now."

and he also had a whole controversy because he did some choreographies for Kpop groups and he was upset because they changed 90% of their choreographies (which looked like sumba) and added Korean choreographers and he made a big fuss and they stopped contacting him.

Example:

Final choreo:

• Love 1
On 7/28/2024 at 4:05 PM, theodoritasenorita said:

Brian Friedman is one of Britney's long time choreographers. These are some super technically gifted students he is working with....

I'd still rather watch Britney's IG videos, because to quote Brian:  "I want to see the sparkle"

Britney is MAGNETIC. Feel free to tell my why I'm wrong or don't Relaxing Happy Sunday GIF by Markpain

you really think these videos Britney posts twirling in her room for the past 4y have the 'sparkle' she used to have while dancing to Brian's choreographs? And you really think she still has that 'magnetic' factor on those insta videos? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

oh lord, bless your heart

Edited by spreadmywings
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2024 at 3:25 PM, NJ jeans said:

He's not a good choreographer tbh, he was good in a team with wade and more choreographers that Britney had. 

He is very diva/drama queen and problematic. I will never forget that he was responsible for all the hate Britney received during the FF era when he said that Britney didn't want to do a choreographed move saying "I'm a mom now."

and he also had a whole controversy because he did some choreographies for Kpop groups and he was upset because they changed 90% of their choreographies (which looked like sumba) and added Korean choreographers and he made a big fuss and they stopped contacting him.

Example:

Final choreo:

The second version is way better, no doubt. I also love K-p0p, so thank you for sharing!!!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 8/18/2024 at 4:32 PM, spreadmywings said:

you really think these videos Britney posts twirling in her room for the past 4y have the 'sparkle' she used to have while dancing to Brian's choreographs? And you really think she still has that 'magnetic' factor on those insta videos? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

oh lord, bless your heart

as a matter of fact, Britney could post Mukbang videos like this and she would still be entertaining AF to watch because she has PRESENCE. PERIOD. 

I think Britney and Brian's original collaborations were a huge "right place, right time" situation, and after that, both their own personal, artistries, styles and experiences ventured in different ways. Brian really focused on sharp, contemporary styles and sequences, while Britney wanted more fluidity and theatrics (and as others have said, her work with Andres Fuentes shows that).

I don't think Femme Fatale is the best example of what they could have done, because Brian made it clear then that the situation was different, and Britney has said she didn't like the tour (and we can only assume given what she's said about how her albums were made during that time, isn't too fond of the album). Seeing the videos shared by Brian of the HIAM and TTWE numbers, I dont think Britney lost her fluidity then, the TTWE rehearsal looks so good, but I think wires were crossed in and communication wasnt clear as to what they wanted and the vision wasn't clear.

• Like 2
On 7/28/2024 at 6:18 PM, Agyness said:

The limits were Britney herself that doesn't wanted do a perfomance or tour and was medicated, no any choreographer. Thats It. 

5 hours ago, descg said:

The limits were Britney herself that doesn't wanted do a perfomance or tour and was medicated, no any choreographer. Thats It. 

No, a talented choreographer must know the artist he is working with, her desire, her style, her tastes, her body, her physical condition, her limitations, and the context. Instead, he just produced a cold, quick, and passionless choreography, without taking any of that into account, his dance was terribly lacking in soul. Even Andre Fuentes managed in 2008 to reignite a bit of that spark in Britney, by creating a distraction, bringing something to the table with a playful glint in his eye. He made her want to dance, to play, to smile, it was so beautiful to see. May he rest in peace. Love him. 

dance-2-480x400.jpg?resize=480,400

KaliopyAndreBritneyCircus_1a-516x388.jpg

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Agyness said:

No, a talented choreographer must know the artist he is working with, her desire, her style, her tastes, her body, her physical condition, her limitations, and the context. Instead, he just produced a cold, quick, and passionless choreography, without taking any of that into account, his dance was terribly lacking in soul. Even Andre Fuentes managed in 2008 to reignite a bit of that spark in Britney, by creating a distraction, bringing something to the table with a playful glint in his eye. He made her want to dance, to play, to smile, it was so beautiful to see. May he rest in peace. Love him. 

dance-2-480x400.jpg?resize=480,400

KaliopyAndreBritneyCircus_1a-516x388.jpg

2008 Britney is not the 2011 Britney... Cmon... Not only that she was more happy or better in 2008 also she was more medicated in 2011, is clear.

Is too much if i ask what was the reason of the dead of Andre? Overdose or suicide?

Edited by descg
2 minutes ago, descg said:

2008 Britney is not the 2011 Britney... Cmon...

A choreographer needs to understand their artist. He didn't make her feel motivated by imposing a cold and mechanical choreography on her, which exhausted her especially with the medication she was taking. Even 2016 is not 2011, yet it was better. 

giphy.gif

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.