Britney X Welcome skateboards review

I want to support these cash grabs so bad but they are always so poorly designed & half assed. It’s probably a licensing thing, but I am so over the same 5 photos that they use for all the merch. 3 Baby One More Time era, that one Britney era photo and then some random Britney Jean pics. At least this one has FF but like c’mon man, give us some Blackout era merch for once. She has so many iconic photos.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

I want to support these cash grabs so bad but they are always so poorly designed & half assed. It’s probably a licensing thing, but I am so over the same 5 photos that they use for all the merch. 3 Baby One More Time era, that one Britney era photo and then some random Britney Jean pics. At least this one has FF but like c’mon man, give us some Blackout era merch for once. She has so many iconic photos.

and ITZ

• Love 3

I actually love the merch compared to what her own Britney shop has been putting out! I don’t skateboard but honestly wanna buy one just cause the designs are so cool. And I love the black and white shirt and the hoodie with her in black and white in the back.  It’s all cute!

• Love 1

Im conflicted on my emotions right now. It makes me sad how the general consensus is that she’s a nostalgia act and the only material that gets celebrated is her really old one. She has so many great songs and albums 😞 and they constantly get overlooked because people only seem to like OIDIA, BOMT and maybe Lucky, and that’s it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Im conflicted on my emotions right now. It makes me sad how the general consensus is that she’s a nostalgia act and the only material that gets celebrated is her really old one. She has so many great songs and albums 😞 and they constantly get overlooked because people only seem to like OIDIA, BOMT and maybe Lucky, and that’s it.

There are some Femme Fatale Britney Jean photos being incorporated in some of the merch as well. :) 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Joel Santos said:

Nostalgianey is here to stay.

The only way they can sell something... nostalgia.

But her team is clueless as hell thinking most of her fans buys stuff like... skates with her face on.

Such a lazy cash grab. Not even the GP will be interested.

Let's see if Cassie or Sloane will post something about it on Britney social media accounts...

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

The only way they can sell something... nostalgia.

But her team is clueless as hell thinking most of her fans buys stuff like... skates with her face on.

Such a lazy cash grab. Not even the GP will be interested.

Let's see if Cassie or Sloane will post something about it on Britney social media accounts...

Her team is desperate for money and willing to sell Britney to any brand that is willing to pay anything for her. These projects in which she is not directly involved are the best way to continue profiting from her while she continues to refuse to work. They use her name and image, appeal to people's emotional memories and hope it works. If only they chose A-list, prestigious brands, but they are always companies that no one has ever heard of. Maybe the big brands don't want to be associated with her at the moment, right? And I don't judge them for that. But it's sad how Britney, at just 42 years old, has become an outdated artist, who is only consumed and remembered for what she did in the past. And her team knows that some people are still obsessed with who she was at her peak and are always using "primeney" to extort money from fans. But I really wonder if any Britney fans are familiar with sk8s...

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

Her team is desperate for money and willing to sell Britney to any brand that is willing to pay anything for her. These projects in which she is not directly involved are the best way to continue profiting from her while she continues to refuse to work. They use her name and image, appeal to people's emotional memories and hope it works. If only they chose A-list, prestigious brands, but they are always companies that no one has ever heard of. Maybe the big brands don't want to be associated with her at the moment, right? And I don't judge them for that. But it's sad how Britney, at just 42 years old, has become an outdated artist, who is only consumed and remembered for what she did in the past. And her team knows that some people are still obsessed with who she was at her peak and are always using "primeney" to extort money from fans. But I really wonder if any Britney fans are familiar with sk8s...

Yeah I'm not here for the licensing cash grab era that I see as her future to be honest... Sure she's sold perfume and stuff for 20 years, many of which I own but she was also an entertainer dropping music and touring at the same time. Now (discounting the weird IG content) this bull**** is all the community will ever get, and I'm sure there are some consumerists among them who will cheer for and pre-order every little thing that says "Britney" on it. I'm not into any of these random deals/collaborations to make money off a name and nostalgia, but I have a feeling they're coming en masse... :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Baronesse said:

Yeah I'm not here for the licensing cash grab era that I see as her future to be honest... Sure she's sold perfume and stuff for 20 years, many of which I own but she was also an entertainer dropping music and touring at the same time. Now (discounting the weird IG content) this bull**** is all the community will ever get, and I'm sure there are some consumerists among them who will cheer for and pre-order every little thing that says "Britney" on it. I'm not into any of these random deals/collaborations to make money off a name and nostalgia, but I have a feeling they're coming en masse... :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

There are fans who truly believe that she was actually involved in all of the post-ship projects. Book, music, musical, now sk8s... Lots of things that bear her image, but we don't see any excitement on her part. What made me most curious was the musical, which according to sources she participated assiduously in the production process, but didn't even attend on opening night. It's quite obvious that they are once again using her image for profit, as she twirls half-naked on Instagram. Let's just hope that at least she has access to the money this time.

• Love 1

If they want fans to spend money, they should release unreleased stuff.

Doesn't require her to work. Just release an album with cut tracks and boom, you get tons of money and we actually get something we want instead of this bullcr.p

The Glory re-release is a perfect example. Just use some of the stock images, add a few unreleased tracks and re-release every album on vinyl and cd. It isn't that hard and Britney could still dance in her living room while doing this.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.