Cher is releasing her memoir with a black and white image from 1900s - Should we apologize to Britney?

Cher has announced her memoir part 1 will be released in November. I love Cher but the book cover is a picture from herself from 1900 in black and white, with her name in color  :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

cher-memoir-cover-ae-240723-e878b8.jpg

61BWsc9eGbL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Remember our meltdown in July 2023 when Britney announced her memoir with a picture from 2002?  :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: 

I believe we should apologize for our meltdown tbqfh! At least Britney was really creative with her memoir title :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Britney setting trends as always :elton:

Discuss!

Edited by Pablitonizer
  • Love 3

I was thinking about it the other day. It's really not a big deal that Britney decided to used that 2001 picture. It's her prerogative and a way of claiming back her image and artistry, right? So does Cher. It's their life history.

• Love 2

I actually like Cher’s cover.

i think the big difference was that we thought Britney’s book would center more on her current life events, while touching on her past.  Cher’s book is most likely about her early life and career.  She hasn’t had any major current life events besides the issue with her son.

TLDR, I think it’s a perception thing.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

I actually like Cher’s cover.

i think the big difference was that we thought Britney’s book would center more on her current life events, while touching on her past.  Cher’s book is most likely about her early life and career.  She hasn’t had any major current life events besides the issue with her son.

TLDR, I think it’s a perception thing.

I do wonder if she's gonna talk about the c-ship she wants to put over her son... :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

3 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Britney's book cover is gorgeous. There are a lot to be unhappy about, but the cover of her memoir is not one of them. 

I had a big meltdown at the time tbh! She got paid $15 millions and she was not able to make a single photoshoot for the book cover?! I was mad af!

Now looking back, I love the book cover :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

This fanbase is ridiculous, they complain about everything. So many celebrities have old b&w pictures of themselves as their book cover but it’s only a problem when Britney does it.

It’s like they can’t admit to themselves that Britney chose that specific picture as her cover bc she probably considers that her career prime & how she wants to be remembered for years to come.

Edited by monalisaney81
  • Love 3

I never cared about her using a picture from 2002, but to be fair, there's a difference between a celebrity who has been around since the 1970's (50+ years) using a photo from the beginning of their career versus a celebrity who has barely been around 25 years using an old photo despite having a VERY active and public media presence. In Britney's case, it came across as "I'm too lazy to take a new photo" instead of it being an artistic choice.

The type of photo that Cher used is meant to bring nostalgia. As someone else mentioned, Cher is releasing multiple volumes because her career spans across several decades. It'd be odd to cover the beginning of your career in a book while using a new photo...kind of defeats the purpose.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

It caused a meltdown with Britney because her case was special.

because of the conservatorship we felt we had not been able to “reach” her for so long and that she was silenced for so long that I guess we all unconsciously expected to get to “see her” now that she was free.

we wanted a new picture as a way to finally connect with her. it wasn’t about her using an old picture.

and it was the same with MYB

• Love 2
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

I never cared about her using a picture from 2002, but to be fair, there's a difference between a celebrity who has been around since the 1970's (50+ years) using a photo from the beginning of their career versus a celebrity who has barely been around 25 years using an old photo despite having a VERY active and public media presence. In Britney's case, it came across as "I'm too lazy to take a new photo" instead of it being an artistic choice.

The type of photo that Cher used is meant to bring nostalgia. As someone else mentioned, Cher is releasing multiple volumes because her career spans across several decades. It'd be odd to cover the beginning of your career in a book while using a new photo...kind of defeats the purpose.

She didn’t come across as lazy. You come across as a hater any time you comment on something Britney related though  

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, rik said:

She didn’t come across as lazy. You come across as a hater any time you comment on something Britney related though  

more than coming off as lazy, i think it just tapped into our trauma of where is Britney? why didn’t she do a photoshoot? is she really not free?

of course cause of the conservatorship 

Edited by super.nova
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, super.nova said:

more than coming off as lazy, i think it just tapped into our trauma of where is Britney? why didn’t she do a photoshoot? is she really not free?

of course cause of the conservatorship 

I think it’s a really gorgeous picture that she chose and telling of when things began to change for her. She was in control, and is bare,  showing us her for her at a time she fully felt confident. If she chose a picture from today, I know for a fact so many people here for complain even more about her appearance, and pick it all apart

Edited by rik
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I was disappointed but didn't have a meltdown. Now I see it differently... that image represents her peak in terms of what the general public remembers of her in a positive way (1998-2002). She was not perceived in a good light during the second peak in 2003-2008 (in terms of media exposure - not success). So from a marketing point of view I now see it was clever.

The font and way the title is presented, tho...

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, now.watch.me said:

I was disappointed but didn't have a meltdown. Now I see it differently... that image represents her peak in terms of what the general public remembers of her in a positive way (1998-2002). She was not perceived in a good light during the second peak in 2003-2008 (in terms of media exposure - not success). So from a marketing point of view I now see it was clever.

The font and way the title is presented, tho...

yeah but you can resume like/

who's britney? a 2000 artist 

grab a 2000 picture

It's different with a politician book for example, their picture is their current and their knowledge 

edit: beautiful cover for cher

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.