Has being quiet ever served Britney well?

She was quiet during the Justin Timberlake breakup and it didn't go well for her. Justin used that against her as proof she was guilty.

She was quiet during 2007 and the family used that against her.

She was quiet during most of Free Britney and nothing happened until she spoke in court in 2021. 

• Love 1

She has been a little quiet ever since starting to date Paul maybe. Her tongue is her sword. Her silence is powerful too, but I really love it when she's not so quiet also. She has the cutest laugh and smile too.. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Princessmimi said:

No.

Speaking up always helps but for some reason,

Britney rarely has.

I feel like it has to do with her wanting to be private. 

I don't know that it's the wisest choice given she's one of the biggest public figures of all time.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, justhanging said:

I feel like it has to do with her wanting to be private. 

I don't know that it's the wisest choice given she's one of the biggest public figures of all time.

Yeah but what good is wanting to be private if your reputation is being slandered?

She let Justin destroy her image and everyone else.

Shes too damn passive and that’s why she has been taken advantage of so many times.

• Like 1

Even when she speaks from the heart, things can turn against her. At that time, people mocked her for speaking her truth. The media treatment of Britney is unique in the world. Only our great Michael Jackson was treated like her. Whatever she does, the fascination she holds for people, which includes both love and hate, leads to criticism of her silence or her words. When she spoke in court, more than 10 years of inhumane treatment had been inflicted upon her and people saw it. Even those who hated her still tried to understand what was happening. So her testimony in court, which held a sacred significance, was taken seriously and was the first step towards her freedom. But to consider that Britney speaking out all the time would serve her, I do not think so especially now. As Madonna said about Britney, it is complicated to speak your truth in front of a crowd that is shouting louder than you. 

The only answer that is worthy for an artist of this caliber is either art (an album) or silence and a peaceful life away from the noise. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Edited by Agyness
  • Love 1

Balance works wonders.

She was far too vocal and public in 2004 after getting together with Kevin. Part of that was her accepting her intense fame and trying to be authentic in front of the world. But it backfired.

Defending yourself properly while not giving your detractors ammunition is key.

6 hours ago, Princessmimi said:

Yeah but what good is wanting to be private if your reputation is being slandered?

She let Justin destroy her image and everyone else.

Shes too damn passive and that’s why she has been taken advantage of so many times.

You nailed it, she's way too passive 

• Love 1

The secret is what and how you share something.

Britney instagram captions are the worst way she chooses to communicate with people... it never helped her, quite the opposite. 

People only see her rambling and contradicting herself all the time on captions, with weird videos. It makes her look bad and unreliable. 

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

The secret is what and how you share something.

Britney instagram captions are the worst way she chooses to communicate with people... it never helped her, quite the opposite. 

People only see her rambling and contradicting herself all the time on captions, with weird videos. It makes her look bad and unreliable. 

It makes her look childish and/or nuts. 

It's always way too many exclamation marks and it's an explosion of emojis.

• Like 2

She has always been too silent in every aspect. Its both a strenght and a mistake.
SHe was too perfect back in the days, too sweet and too kind. Sometimes its real, but other times you can see its an act she is trained in.
And thats a big problem if everytime someone do you wrong, your other tells you "Pray to god for better times". Under the rug, sweep it away, be the bigger person. Until you break, because you never said STOP. 

• Like 2

How is she too silent!!!!

You guys are complaining she is always ranting about her family on social media, the other day she posted an ig story talking about soliz and exposing what he did when those pictured were taken, yet some of you guys say she is really silent.

No matter what she does you guys are always going to complain, it's crazy.

Less than a year ago she did the biggest tell all of all time on her book, it was all over the news and really benefited her career and her public image lol

4 hours ago, joanhs said:

She has always been too silent in every aspect. Its both a strenght and a mistake.
SHe was too perfect back in the days, too sweet and too kind. Sometimes its real, but other times you can see its an act she is trained in.
And thats a big problem if everytime someone do you wrong, your other tells you "Pray to god for better times". Under the rug, sweep it away, be the bigger person. Until you break, because you never said STOP. 

I think Britney genuinely is too sweet and kind on her inside because if it was me I would have k illed everyone that has ever wronged me on the ways they have to her. 

She is very media trained but that doesn't mean she is mean and unkind, however I think she is not as vindictive as I am 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.