World Premiere of Katy Perry's new music video "Woman's World"

If this song was supposed to become some sort of hymn of the female empowerment, I think more than any other song, it deserved a video that was more serious instead of her typical cheap comedy. A "woman's world" so we show women peeing like men and using tools that men use, and of course, vib*****s! Sounds like something Jojo Siwa would do.

But as I said, we been knew that she's always had this cheap kind of humor, and has always been a terrible actress, but her past videos at least seemed to have a bit more of a story. This video in summary is the caricature woman from the beginning dies, she brings herself back alive owning her own hot body and, a pair of bionic legs? To crash into people's houses and steal a black woman's phone and escape in a helicopter? :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Perfume and MM music videos make more sense than whatever that was

Edited by PokemonSpears
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

isn't that every Katy Perry video ever? Well, besides Teenage Dream I guess.

I think she's still as unfunny as ever, but that's what worked for her in the past, so it makes sense she's still doing the same. The audiences have shifted though, so I'm not sure if she'll ever see the same kind of success she had the last decade

I was never a fan of her corny music videos; they always seemed so cringe to me. Her new song isn’t the worst I’ve ever heard, but the video is garbage—it reminds me of that "Swish Swish" video mess.

Overall, it doesn’t feel authentic anymore. She clearly went for the black wig because the gays told her it's her brand and would work well, but Katy has outgrown that look. That’s why she gave us two eras completely different from her prime years. The song is okay mainstream wise (I’ve heard worse), but I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

It’s either hit or miss for the 2010s girlies.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, kevin. said:

the product placement is so shameless and it's just really ******* weird. it's clear she has become extremely out of touch with what is popular today. People don't do shameless product placements anymore. and the song is nothing special. it's definitely not fresh or forward thinking. it sounds like it could have been on Witness. It's giving vapid narcissistic. 

You didn't get the joke? There was no real product placement, it's satirically mocking "influencers". I got it after the Whiskey for Women, the products she pulls out don't exist. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Spoiler

It feels like she's mocking feminism too actually :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Edited by Baronesse

The song is pretty generic, not bad, but generic and nothing special :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

However, the music video is just bad :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

That humorous tone for music videos is so outdated imo. Overall, I think Katy's time has come and gone, no matter what she delivers :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Like 3

She looks amazing I’ll give her that, the song sounds dated and just like Gaga’s “stupid love” 

the video is the same cringe fest that she does with most her videos, she try’s to be funny but it’s a big no 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.