This 2000 Today Show interview & performance show just how big Britney was…

This is another level of fame!!!

Taylor Swift comes close….but Britney’s popularity was just astounding! I mean, her first two albums going diamond from PURE SALES??? Legends only!

The interview was also really well done and so respectful. Shows how sweet and endearing Britney truly was/is. 

Thoughts?

• Love 5
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LoveforBritney said:

I wish I would’ve been there to see all this :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I was like 9 when this was happening and I didn’t even own a tv 

but I’m glad I can rewatch all this now! This performance was epic. She was so mature for her age 

I was only 6! But I adored her then. I agree…so thankful we are able to watch back incredible moments like this!

and she was truly loved by everyone - young, old, girls, boys….such a huge level of stardom. Just don’t see that these days. 

Edited by jamesedward94
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

I love Britney but just the fact that you had to bring Taylor Swift up, says a lot :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

embarrassing.  Taylor Swift doesn't have to compete with anyone for the suburban family child entertainment budget. There once was Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, N'sync, Christina Aguilera, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, A-Teens, Girl Thing, No Angels, West End Girls, so many record labels vying for their dollars.

Disgusting to compare her to Britney who was the first successful female solo artists targeting suburban girls, someone that changed pop music forever.

Taylor Swift is little more than a lame boring safe space for suburban kids who were listening to nursery rhymes a few years earlier.

Edited by Jassoe3
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I went to a lot of her tapings in NYC in the early years. TRL was always my favorite, because you were in such a small space. 

That is so cool!

Thats wonderful that you got to go see her in person alot.

On 7/10/2024 at 10:31 PM, britney_rocks said:

I love Britney but just the fact that you had to bring Taylor Swift up, says a lot :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Was trying to think of anyone to compare that even comes close to that level of fame….didn’t say she was better😭

I am NOT a Swiftie! 

On 7/11/2024 at 2:14 AM, Jassoe3 said:

embarrassing.  Taylor Swift doesn't have to compete with anyone for the suburban family child entertainment budget. There once was Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, N'sync, Christina Aguilera, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, A-Teens, Girl Thing, No Angels, West End Girls, so many record labels vying for their dollars.

Disgusting to compare her to Britney who was the first successful female solo artists targeting suburban girls, someone that changed pop music forever.

Taylor Swift is little more than a lame boring safe space for suburban kids who were listening to nursery rhymes a few years earlier.

I’m sorrrrryy…..😭😭

Was simply trying to compare someone of today that is somewhat close to her fame. Didn’t say she was at the same level or that I even like her!

I do not care for Taylor and know that Britney achieved so much more organically from hard work and pure sales. DO NOT get it twisted! 

Forgive me lol

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.