Is Gimme More VMAs rehearsals >>>>>>> than original performance?

Not that different tbh. She seems more relaxed and focused, but it still bugs me around the end where she seems unsure about the moves and looks at the other dancers.    

Can I just point out she is absolutely stunning in this performance, though? This is one of her se.xiest looks ever. It’s insane she got criticized for her weight… Maybe a bit bigger than she used to be, but overall she looks amazing and her face in particular looks stunning. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

No, tbh I don't see that big difference. I think her hair looks better up in the ponytail but that's all, she just looks a little bit more relaxed. Both rehearsal and actual performance represent a moment in - mostly american? - pop culture.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I think she bombed it on purpose. The whole era was "Blackout". This controversy got so many people still talking about her. 

I mean, she introduced the performance with Elvis' "TROUBLE" = Blackout. It's spelled almost backwards... like she's going backwards... I mean the lyrics even... "I'm evil so don't mess around with me." She's stabbing someone in the back? Maybe the industry? I don't know. We all know what happened to Elvis ... and it wasn't that long after Britney found herself in a conservatorship. 

Maybe she was sending out a message? Or just sabotaging her career. I mean, she was trying hard to get out of it around that time according to her book. 

Edited by ObsessedBritFan1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Not that different tbh. She seems more relaxed and focused, but it still bugs me around the end where she seems unsure about the moves and looks at the other dancers.    

Can I just point out she is absolutely stunning in this performance, though? This is one of her se.xiest looks ever. It’s insane she got criticized for her weight… Maybe a bit bigger than she used to be, but overall she looks amazing and her face in particular looks stunning. 

Exactly.

She just gave birth a few months before this and her body looked great!

Most mothers would kill to have a body like that after having kids.

7 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

I liked the way her hair looked during rehearsals. It wasn’t as obvious that she had extensions in unlike what we got during the actual performance.

Also gotta say she seemed less like a deer caught in the headlights during the rehearsals compared to the actual performance.

That’s what I’m saying. I’m in love with her ponytail here. I wish they would’ve let her have this hairstyle in the performance but you can tell she’s got extensions in 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BritBreakitDown20 said:

unpopular opinion but i think in the final performance she did a lot better than in rehearsals even though she seemed out of it

her execution is more polished and she seems more focused 

Yes her dancing was more on point compared to the rehearsal but I still personally prefer the rehearsal because she looks more relaxed and happy there 

6 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I think she bombed it on purpose. The whole era was "Blackout". This controversy got so many people still talking about her. 

I mean, she introduced the performance with Elvis' "TROUBLE" = Blackout. It's spelled almost backwards... like she's going backwards... I mean the lyrics even... "I'm evil so don't mess around with me." She's stabbing someone in the back? Maybe the industry? I don't know. We all know what happened to Elvis ... and it wasn't that long after Britney found herself in a conservatorship. 

Maybe she was sending out a message? Or just sabotaging her career. I mean, she was trying hard to get out of it around that time according to her book. 

I also think she kind of sabotaged her career and I feel like she is doing that with her dancing on IG nowadays too in a way. It gets a lot of negative press from people but she keeps doing it. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I agree too :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip: she was stunning at the rehearsals and at the performance.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Except her hair looked like a mess and what she was wearing could have been more flattering. I remember at the time someone here photoshopped a different outfit on her and she looked a lot better. People were pointing out her body I wish she would have picked something else to wear but yea this wasn’t that bad as people made it out to be. It’s sad how the industry only expects perfection. Just sad 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.