A dumb reason why "She'll Never Be Me" ended up being unreleased

It's too bad this song never got a release as it's a very good one. But same as Mad Love which would have been a better b-side for the Slave single and intimitated should have been a boys b-side. That would have been very cool imo 

Am I a sinner would have been a great overprotected b-side and Never be me on the US release of overprotected. 

Posted (edited)

Was “She’ll Never Be Me” not ready for album release, and they moved for more different sound songs in the album. 
The same as why Before The Goodbye wasn’t on main track list.

They could make 2CD album for Britney: Saint with more happy teen pop songs like Anticipating, When I found you, Bombastic love, Before The Goodbye, Boys, Intimidated and more rough Sinner part with I’m not a Saint, She’ll Never Be Me, Overprotected… but that days 2CD album weren’t popular yet.

Edited by Acer

I’m from Australia & we got the Exclusive Chat with Britney on the Overprotect CD single haha which I must’ve played  on my iPod a billion times!

Also, is it just me or do we think Britney recorded the second verse of She’ll Never Be Me in a different session to the first verse/chorus. I just feel like there’s a slightly different voice…does anyone else hear that or is it just me haha Btw I love the song it’s giving MJ vibes. I always thought it was an Oops reject more than a Britney album song.

5 hours ago, PolySpears said:

that was dumb...

still don't understand why the intro for overprotected mv is bombastic love :boredney_britney_2015_annoyed_eyeroll_hair:

First single supposed to be "Bombastic Love" and then "Overprotected" (or the other way around) that was kinf of like transition sound they cancelled it due to Britney disliking Bombastic Love :typing_keyboard_computer:

They still kept the transition prob to annoy Britney :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
On 7/5/2024 at 7:30 PM, Eternalhouse said:

The 'Britney' era has a lot of moments I feel are unexplainable. She'll never be me is also one of my fav unreleased, maybe cuz it was kinda like the OG 'leaked' songs. I remember it was leaked online soon after the release of the album. So I just burned a new 'Britney' CD with SNBM and the song from Herbal essence LOL.

I CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER MINUTEEEE

I'VE GOT THE URGE TO HERBALLLL

OOOHHH YEAH YEAHHH OH YESSSS

:katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.