I Am Celine Dion - your thoughts?

What are your feelings and opinion about this document?

I would honestly say 50/50, I liked the old footages. And also that she spoke. And I cried a lot when I saw her suffer during a convulsion when she lost control of her body.

On the other hand, there was little about what was happening to her - I mean narration, also her daily routine (don't forget they were with her for one year!!!). There were a lot of unnecessary detours, and not enough of the now, as if the documentary director didn't know what to do or where to go. We learned how she is doing, but little about who she is now and what she is doing. Few moments with the children, and a lot of unnecessary shots.

-----

Dicuss

51 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

What are your feelings and opinion about this document?

I would honestly say 50/50, I liked the old footages. And also that she spoke. And I cried a lot when I saw her suffer during a convulsion when she lost control of her body.

On the other hand, there was little about what was happening to her - I mean narration, also her daily routine (don't forget they were with her for one year!!!). There were a lot of unnecessary detours, and not enough of the now, as if the documentary director didn't know what to do or where to go. We learned how she is doing, but little about who she is now and what she is doing. Few moments with the children, and a lot of unnecessary shots.

-----

Dicuss

I'd just cut the performances and put her random days just to make her more relatable

Like a Selma Blair & MS documentary

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

I'd just cut the performances and put her random days just to make her more relatable

Like a Selma Blair & MS documentary

Have to agree with this statement here... there were bits of it where I felt like I could just fast forward

But that was such a heart breaking scene with her body. I literally just couldn't process it

• Love 2

I love her and it was heart breaking at times. But I didn’t understand what the documentary was trying to say. Like was it to prove why she isn’t performing and stop the rumors so she can lead a more private life.

i feel it was more on how the disease is effecting her voice and how she misses performing. 

it didn’t touch on the science behind the disease, the treatment enough or how it is affecting her family. 

like it came off im a superstar, performing and my voice is my identity and I need the admiration from my fans. I am doing what I can to be better to perform but my voice won’t be the same so go easy on me if I’m able to perform in the future. 

I love her nonetheless and I was hesitant to watch cause I was scared to cry but it wasn’t as emotional as I thought it would be . Like more about her losing her voice due to the disease … 

would’ve been nice to see what she’s doing regarding research for a cure or donating her outfits to raise money to find a cure .. or how she wants to be better for her family. And being grateful of what she’s accomplished even if she can’t sing again. 

she inspiring but the narrative just didn’t hit for me … 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.