C,XOXO debuts at #13 on BB200

I really like the album.  Been listening a lot.   I think the reality is that Camila isn't really an albums artist.  I think she'll continue to release singles that are big.  Every album has had a song or two that really hits with the public but not the whole album is connecting with audiences.

Debut: Havana, Never be the Same
Romance: Señorita, My Oh My, Shamless (Now...wasn't popular at release but has lived on)
Familia:  Bam Bam
C,XOXO:    I Luv It (has nearly 100 million streams already) and soon to be Hot Uptown

Think she should focus on just big singles.  OR she needs something that pushes her into the A list which i think it would be more personal life or something that ups her in people's minds.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, allthat88 said:

I really like the album.  Been listening a lot.   I think the reality is that Camila isn't really an albums artist.  I think she'll continue to release singles that are big.  Every album has had a song or two that really hits with the public but not the whole album is connecting with audiences.

Debut: Havana, Never be the Same
Romance: Señorita, My Oh My, Shamless (Now...wasn't popular at release but has lived on)
Familia:  Bam Bam
C,XOXO:    I Luv It (has nearly 100 million streams already) and soon to be Hot Uptown

Think she should focus on just big singles.  OR she needs something that pushes her into the A list which i think it would be more personal life or something that ups her in people's minds.

It’s not hard to understand how she stands out from the group. She sounds so good live and is a good performer. So is Normani. In my opinion they were the only two that had a chance to become solo acts(look at them now they already are). Charting or not they have come so far and they are both so good in their field. Mani is such a good dancer and I love this sultry r&b vibe she’s serving. Camila’s albums are never disappointing. She has so many songs that deserve better. Like Living Proof from Romance and Hasta Los Dientes from Familia. People question her authenticity in the era. But I think we should let artists try things. Let them experiment. She’s a very versatile artist and keeps reinventing herself. I’m excited what she has to offer in the future. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.