How was Britney approving Halsey sampling/covering 'Lucky' on her new song

Fita

Okay, so I was almost falling asleep but then I started imagining how was it Britney approving Halsey's new song that samples 'Lucky'. :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

Whoever Britney's manager is calls her:

- hey, brit
- oh heyy, how r u?
- good, good, so there's this artist who wants to sample your song 'lucky', she's called halsey, she was g-eazy's wife for a while...
- oh, okay, let me check her on instagram *follows her*
- and here's the song, what do you think?
- *listens* oh, okay :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised: it's okay, cool
- she also wants to know if you'd like to make a cameo on her vide-
- oh, no, i'm good :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake: but she's cool :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:
- ok, that's all
- okay, byee *in britney's baby voice* :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

funniest people at parties here, but singers don't have to approve or give permission if they're not the songwriters of the song being covered/sampled. In Lucky's case it must've been Max Martin, Rami Yacoub and Alexander Kronlund

but she followed Halsey on IG, though? I mean I was figuring it out how one thing led to another.

10 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

funniest people at parties here, but singers don't have to approve or give permission if they're not the songwriters of the song being covered/sampled. In Lucky's case it must've been Max Martin, Rami Yacoub and Alexander Kronlund

Didn’t know this, makes totally sense tho. 

Still, it feels like a  kidz bop cover

59 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I’m sure it was important for Halsey to get Britney’s approval. How bad would it have been if Halsey jumped over Britney’s head, released a song that literally uses an entire Lucky verse, references her in the visuals and then Britney goes off on her on IG. Single would be DOA

Edited by monalisaney81
  • Love 2

No.

If Britney can make fast money without lifting a finger she will do it in a heartbeat. It’s her style pretty much. Cade handles all the business. He’s her handler. I think many decisions are made without Britney’s input. She signs the checks or contracts but doesn’t read a single word. If she can make money off a past hit without working to make a new one u can bet damn well that’s her style. 

11 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

Brtiney doesnt have to approve it, she didnt wrote/co-wrote it so she has not rights of the song.

Exactly. It's who ever owns the right so posted this the other day glad someone else is aware. Let's get it together Britney army...Taylor stand more knowledgeable about the music industry than we are now

58 minutes ago, LoveYourselfMas said:

No.

If Britney can make fast money without lifting a finger she will do it in a heartbeat. It’s her style pretty much. Cade handles all the business. He’s her handler. I think many decisions are made without Britney’s input. She signs the checks or contracts but doesn’t read a single word. If she can make money off a past hit without working to make a new one u can bet damn well that’s her style. 

And she seems to want to avoid anything related to her career, even if she knows they will be paid for something.

She never mentioned the Tate interview... or maybe she forgot about it...

Cheap way to make some money, I remember the Spears/Federline making the boys pretend they did a interview with North West. They never change their ways to make easy money lol.

19 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

I’m sure it was important for Halsey to get Britney’s approval. How bad would it have been if Halsey jumped over Britney’s head, released a song that literally uses an entire Lucky verse, references her in the visuals and then Britney goes off on her on IG. Single would be DOA

they could do that out of courtesy, but legally speaking Britney has no saying over any song she didn't write/cowrite herself

36 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

they could do that out of courtesy, but legally speaking Britney has no saying over any song she didn't write/cowrite herself

Yup thats what I just said. Including Britney is a courtesy thing bc if they piss her off Britney will drag Halsey and the song on IG…and I think that’s the last thing Halsey would want for a song Thats basically a tribute to B. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.